80" !!!!!!
progress.gif
Enormous+Double+Macaw+Bird+Cage.jpg

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I saw one similiar to that , but it was bigger and a A&E cage.
Can a macaw open it's wings comfortably in the one pictured ?
I tend to get the biggest cage , my too looked lost and very small in it for a few days , .lolol. :white1:

Which one are you speaking about ?

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Patty (me's wiffy) really likes this one-

European Play pen Top model 405
This super large cage is great for active birds to play.
46" wide, 29" deep
6 ft. 2" to top perch, inside height 45"
Available in 5/8" bar spacing 6mm bar thickness for small to medium size birds.
Avian Veterinarian recommended.

Features
Playpen top with 1 ladders
Sliding metal tray underneath playpen to help keep your parrots cage mess free
Slide out metal grill and tray for easy cleaning
Removable seed catcher (adds 4" all around)
Horizontal bars on sides, Vertical bars on front and back
4 stainless steel spill poof cups
Large cage door for easy access
Patented bird proof front door lock
Breeder box door
2 pine dowel perches
Bird cage knocks down for compact storage
4 metal casters
All of our cages are Non-Toxic and safe for your feathered friends.
Bird cage weight 210

ITS SAYS- "Available in 5/8" bar spacing 6mm bar thickness for small to medium size birds"

So I wonder if it's 1" for larger birds ?
Is it heavy duty and better locks etc. like the others from King ?

405_5_8.jpg

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
If that ain't BIG enough, there's always this one ! lol
Exterior Dimensions: 74" H x 40" W x 80" D

80" !!!!!!

That's the one !!!! lololol. I .Love that cage , I was actually looking at that one for my Hy when I get him , but i have been educated on thinking about the stainless now :) .:)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
The green King's cage (first one). I like the locks on the feeder cup doors. I think those will be necessary for a 'Too. I can't tell on the white cage what keeps the feeder and breeder box doors shut.

5/8 bar spacing might be too small for a 'Too, although my large footed amazon does ok with it. In my case though I do need to keep kitty from reaching in. Especially with Pete because for some reason she hates him. She actually goes after him even though she is much nicer to the other birds. I don't know if it's because the other birds are much nicer to her, or what the deal is. A couple of days ago she actually lunged at the cage trying to get him. He charged her right back and sent her running, but that doesn't stop her from trying to get him. She is most jealous of him, and I think she does actually want to hurt him. My BCC didn't like the cat either, but the cat just left her alone. But, she won't leave Pete alone.

Can you compromise with 3/4 bar spacing? Easier for a large bird to climb, but probably could still keep out kitty paws.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Bad kitty ! lol

The only cat that may be real interested is Sadie, the others could care less. The 1" is prefered and never thought of the spacing a problem with Shelby's (we've named her after our 427 Shelby Cobra) foot size. Great point !

The green one from King is just fine, but a little boring Patty says. lol
I called about that one and he gave me a 10% discount. woo-hoo ! hehe

I did call them and ask if all their cages have those great locks, she said only the 405 and 305 have the new locks seen on the green one I posted on page #2. I think,.... we're going with the 405, which is the white one. It does have the 1" bar spacing.

I wonder if the pretty flowers come with it ?

Last edited:
OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
If that ain't BIG enough, there's always this one ! lol
Exterior Dimensions: 74" H x 40" W x 80" D

80" !!!!!!

That's the one !!!! lololol. I .Love that cage , I was actually looking at that one for my Hy when I get him , but i have been educated on thinking about the stainless now :) .:)

hehe !, it's huge !

I wish we wanted to spend the extra.....extra,... $$$ for stainless. In the long run, it may be worth it ?

I wonder what company's offer aluminum, for larger parrots ?
Man, they'd have one destroyed in the first 5 minutes ! lol...

Last edited:
OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Are you hinting,.... sexy roxy ? lol :D

(you need to get out more, rather than being around all your.......... :rainbow1:)
:p :p:p:p

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I probably should get out more, but there's no one to get out with. My friends are pretty much wrapped up with their own families. And one of my friends is now in a wheel chair. So first, we both have to feel like going out, and between both our health issues, we don't often manage to coordinate. Then if we do go somewhere I have to be able to lift her wheelchair in and out of my truck, and getting her into the truck is not easy either. She is so heavy she actually broke the huge steel nerf bar on the passenger side of my truck. So now it's gone. And I sure can't lift her. So we have to take a step stool with us. So there is a lot involved for us to do anything together, lol!

She's mad at me for not replacing the nerf bar, but A) I don't have the money for a new set and B) I think she'd break the new one, too. It was a 5" diameter heavy duty one.

Pretty soon it will be spring and I'll get to ride more:)

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
That's terrible !
My father had polio and was confined to a wheel chair. But, he was able to do about anything he wanted. He graduated high school in the hospital and went to law school & paid for it himself. Very proud of him. He hunted & fished and was in a national magazine hunting deer in a 6-wheel ATV.

So hopefully, you two can get out & enjoy life more. I'll pray for both of you & your ailments. :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Why, thank you, sir!

It would help if she would lose some weight. Then she probably wouldn't need the wheelchair anymore, and it would be easier for me to help her.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Well, we FINALLY,.....made up our minds on Shelby's cage. Whew !!! lol

We bought it from King's Cage's.
Model- #405 European 1" spacing in the blk/copper color. The new anti-escape locks on all the doors ! (so far, only 2 models have them. 305-405)

Plus these goodies-

Play Gym- #502
Play Gym Swing- #G246

All should arrive next Wed-Thurs. Then we can have Shelby shipped. We hope she'll love us, her new home and family, cage and play stand !

Thanks for everyone's help !
Kevin & Patty

405_5_8.jpg

PP_502.jpg

King's Cage's New Locks-
KingsCagesNewlocks.jpg

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Congrats and I'm sure she will love the cage and play gym! I bet you are both pretty excited now!

That's about the same color of Pete's cage. I like that color.

AiSell

Jan 22, 2008
Well, we FINALLY,.....made up our minds on Shelby's cage. Whew !!! lol

We bought it from King's Cage's.
Model- #405 European 1" spacing in the blk/copper color. The new anti-escape locks on all the doors ! (so far, only 2 models have them. 305-405)

Plus these goodies-

Play Gym- #502
Play Gym Swing- #G246

All should arrive next Wed-Thurs. Then we can have Shelby shipped. We hope she'll love us, her new home and family, cage and play stand !

Thanks for everyone's help !
Kevin & Patty

405_5_8.jpg

PP_502.jpg

King's Cage's New Locks-
KingsCagesNewlocks.jpg

Wow cool stand!!! :)

Mike

Mar 15, 2011
Media
Albums
Atlanta, GA USA
Parrots
A Greenwing, a Sun Conure, and a Hahn's Macaw
Best prices I've seen for bird cages are at the local bird show. Four times a year vendors set up booths and we get really good prices on cages. My no-name cage is huge and solid. I saved about 25% getting it at the show.

Most Reactions