Bird Cage recommendation with separable cages and divider

ChipsAndDip

Jan 29, 2024
Parrots
2 Budgies
Hello bird lovers!
I have two budgies and would like to expand their cage size and am looking for a two stackable cage setup with a divider so that it can be one large cage though also have the cages separable so that can be be separated for when they need to travel in the car to the vet. (The birds are not hand trained so catching them causes them stress.) Does anyone have an example of a cage for this? I have looked online but have not found a stackable cage that can be physically separated, only divided. Thank you so much!

Best,
Michele

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Michele, I like your idea but I’ve never seen anything like that, either! The closest I could come is the Mcage double flight/breeder cage that I have for my Quaker parrot. It is literally two cages, minus a side panel on each cage, bolted together to form one big cage. If you could somehow get two more side panels, it wouldn’t be too hard to unbolt the two cages and screw on the side panels to form two separate cages. I have a feeling, you might just have to find a cage you like and modify it to fit your needs. Good luck 🙂.

OP
C

ChipsAndDip

Jan 29, 2024
Parrots
2 Budgies
Thank you so much for this suggestion. I too think I'll need to modify a double cage. A DIY project!

Most Reactions

Latest posts