Bird carrier??

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
What type of bird or pet carrier are you using to transport your birds to the vet and so on? I need to come up with a carrier to transport mt Sennie to the vet for his checkup and wing clipping.

Which is better, a small cage with a perch or a small plastic type animal carrier like for cats and such?

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I use a cat carrier for Levi, mainly because he's fearless, and takes everything in stride. All my other birds would freak in carriers, so I use cages with perches.

DustyDusky

Jan 7, 2010
Media
New York
Parrots
Dusty: Dusky Conure
I use a small cage that I put dusty in when I travel. Its easy to carry into the Vets. Dusty freaks if he is put into a carrier. At least in the cage is is comfortable and can see what is going on. Most carriers are enclosed.

gopack041

Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Parrots
yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure, Jonah.
I use a cat carrier too, but it has two perches in it as well. I just got two perches that would fit tightly against the sides and they work perfect.

EvieWg

Feb 17, 2011
Media
Rochester, NY
Parrots
Dusky Pionus
I actually have a cloth carrier... looks like a dog bag for a teeny tiny chihuahua. Bob isn't much of a chewer, plus he's use to going everywhere so he doesn't flip out and try to eat his way out (and it's stylish!). There is a bird store here in Rochester that sells the coolest stuff, all different kinds of carriers!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I use cat/dog carrier. My macaw I just have him on my arms or shoulders. He refuse to go into one of those things. He would crawl on my shoulder and won't let go.

Most Reactions