wagoncab

Oct 10, 2010
charlotte tn
Parrots
2 parakeets
1 parrolett
1 B&G Macaw
Hi:
Does anyone have a diagram and or instructions for putting on a harness?
My brother gave me one but I can't figure out how it goes on.
I want Merlin to get used to these things while he is still very toung.
Also, where is a good online store that I can get a flight suit?
Thanks
Cindy:blue1:

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
What sort of harness is it? Aviator, Feather Tether, or something else? Every harness is designed slightly differently and understanding how to fit it is very important. Fitted incorrectly, harnesses have potential to cause serious injury. Also try to take it slow, you don't want to freak the bird out by putting it on straight away. You need to teach a series of behaviours and let the bird become used to the harness on his own time. I am still working on it but I am getting there slowly. :)

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
i've just bought a harness too, i think beau is getting used to it, when i first put it on him he freaked out a bit. i give him a treat when its on and then take it off, he's getting the idea that its not such a bad thing. i couldn't get on with the feather tether one, it really confused me with all those buckles, i went with the aviator instead. you just put it over the head and wings and tighten it accordingly. good luck with merlin

Most Reactions

Latest posts