Bird

joetommatt

Mar 18, 2016
Hello All I had a question

I have owned conures and cockatiels and been around larger birds, as I worked in a bird shop for around a year, but I am looking for a large bird for my home. I would love to get a Hyacinth, but I do not have the funds to purchase a gentle blue giant. I live in a pretty large house with neighbors very far away, so noise is not too much of a factor, and I plan to dedicate a room for my new feathered friend. However, I work from 8-4 every day so I need a bird that can be alone(with toys of course) for that amount of time. Of course, when I get home it will be out and about playing with my and my family(no small children included) I have heard that Blue and Golds make excellent friends, but in my experience macaws can be quite temperamental. When I was working in an exotic bird shop, one bird I found interesting was an Eclectus. They seem very nice tempered and pretty independant, however, they didnt seem to be the most social bird. I am just trying to get imput on what you think would be a good larger bird to fit my lifestyle. Of course no bird is going to be perfect as theyre living creatures, and no living creatures are perfect. I would like peoples opinions and experiances about personalities of birds. Any and all advice helps.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Um,? Really? You may really want to reply with a bit more detail! Treat this with at least the important's as a mail order bride!

Most Reactions

Latest posts