birds and our dog

chksbak

Dec 14, 2011
Media
York pa
Parrots
Cherry head conure
Poppy
so we have a dog named Sunn he is a big black lab. he seems to love the conure, when the conure gets down off the cage the dog will follow him around sniffing at him lol. same for the macaw for the most part. the macaw is affraid of the dog more then the conure is. the other day the macaw (magoo) was hanging on his door when the dog walked past the cage, as always the dog is wagging his tail. for those that do not know a labs wagging tail can clear a coffee table or put dents in a frig. he wacks the macaw on the way by with the tail almost knocks magoo off the door he recovers fast enough to grab the tail in his peak on the next swing and bites the dog. the dog yelps and spins around and looks at his tail then at me. he was very funny

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Sounds like Magoo was getting even:D I find Dalmatian tales are even more painful to be hit with than Labs. I can't really blame Magoo! There is something to be said for big, fluffy tails.

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
My conure attacks my 80lb dogs, both of them :) we call the conure "Clifford the terrible" because the dogs RUN from him!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
You guys have no idea, I have a 200lb English mastiff and his tail can break a cabnit door in half, plus he is at the exact height of my, well, sensitive area.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
You guys have no idea, I have a 200lb English mastiff and his tail can break a cabnit door in half, plus he is at the exact height of my, well, sensitive area.

Oh geez! At least the Dals were only beating my legs black and blue. And I'm not a guy:eek:

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
I would like to caution you on allowing interaction of your parrots and dogs. I lost a beloved cockatoo in a very similar situation. A funny event once could turn deadly in a second and there is nothing you can do after to change it. Prevention is the best way to keep your birds safe. Please consider this as I would hate to see another life lost senselessly. :red1:

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
When Ville is on my arm he is tuf and atach the dog, when on the floor he is runing away from the dog to me lol

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Ben, my Great Dane X, and Max seems to have a healthy respect for each other..

Max is now 8 months old, and I've started to have them both in the lounge room with me... Ben would love to play with Max... Today Max lost one of his rings onto the floor behind my chair... Ben fetched it, and kept it in his front teeth, so Max could retrieve it... My guess was, that Ben wanted to play tug-of-war with it, and so did Max... He didn't go for it... Then Ben just left it on the arm rest...

Most Reactions

Latest posts