Teeko almost broke his leg!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Yes- I feel so bad. Thatā€™s what happening , sheā€™s sliding off of me, shes holding her foot tucked up, sheā€™s fell a few times from the top of her house to the floor of itā€¦.šŸ˜©
Iā€™ll definitely make sure itā€™s in her records not to do her nails. Are those Perches that are sandy-like good for their nails? Iā€™ve read mixed opinions so I donā€™t have any, we just have natural wood perches right now and she chews the crap out of them for her beak but do they help with her nails?
Ive never used those perches because they feel so rough and i worry they cause more harm than good

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
Those sandy perches aren't good. In worst case scenarios when they're the only option they can cause open sores on the feet, and even if you have plenty of variety, if your bird decides to chew the sandy perch they can end up with sharp "sand" in their crop.

TulsiBlueVana

Oct 17, 2023
Media
Parrots
Tusli= Black-Capped Conure x1
Those sandy perches aren't good. In worst case scenarios when they're the only option they can cause open sores on the feet, and even if you have plenty of variety, if your bird decides to chew the sandy perch they can end up with sharp "sand" in their crop.
Thatā€™s what I remember reading and why I didnā€™t get any; thank you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts