Bixby. He Had The Heart Of A Lion.

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
Oh NO! My heart is broken for you and your family. I'm crying with you all right now. He was such a sweet little guy, he knew the love and bond you had with him, and he gave it back to you in every way he could!

I'm glad you were with him and he knew how much you loved him. I never got to meet him, but I feel like I knew him.

Fly free Sir Bixby! You will always be loved and never forgotten! We'll all see you at the Rainbow Bridge when it's our time!

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I am just now seeing this, I am so very sorry for your loss my thoughts and condolences to you and your family. Just heartbroken for you all over this tragic loss. My tears and words cannot convey..Fly Free Sweet Sir Bixby...you will be missed by many!:(

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Stephen, I wish there were words to convey the depth of my sorrow for you all. I am so, so sorry, my friend. Bixby truly could not have been more loved and well cared for. Please give Aida and the boys a big hug, and I am so sorry that Aidan's birthday is coming so soon after this. My heart is breaking for you all. And poor Maya...I am so sorry for her loss as well.

You have given us a great gift in allowing us to know Bixby, through your wonderful stories and pictures of him. We have been able to share the joy in his triumphs, to watch him grow, rejoice in his love for flying, pray for his recovery..and now we are here to grieve with you. And he is not gone, he lives on not only in your hearts, but in all of ours from all around the world.

I could tell what a beautiful soul he was, and I have no doubt that Suzie was waiting for him at the bridge, eager to show him all the best vantage points to watch over you, Maya, Aida, your Mother and the boys. I am also sure that if you listen closely, you will hear that wonderful, infectious laugh of his, mingled with Suzie's. I can only imagine all the stories she has to tell him about her 18 years with you.

The earth feels like it is a bit darker today, but Heaven is that much brighter. I picture him aglow with the love he was surrounded by, as he and Suzie fly free together...no more pain, only freedom.

Fly free, Sir Bixby...you are missed, and you are loved.

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
Oh no!! I am so truly sad for your loss. I know that no words will take away the pain you and your family are feeling right now. When I saw this now my heart dropped.
Thank you for the time, attention and love you have given to him. Thank you for fighting with him and doing everything you could to give him a chance. He was truly blessed to have you as a parront.

Fly free Bixby. I will miss reading your stories. [emoji22] [emoji253]

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh I'm so incredibly sorry... I read this a few hours ago when I was driving with my hubby. I was all in tears and couldn't finish reading... There are no words to comfort you and your family. Why did he have to go that young? :(
Sending you love and hugs!! ((()))

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Oh my gosh. I decided to take a break from studying and had the opportunity to read this... currently sitting in my university's library crying to myself. I am so sorry that Bixby left the world so early, but I am also so, so thankful he had the opportunity to be loved by a family as amazing, wonderful, and genuine as yours. I send all of my love and strength to your family as you go through this painful experience. Fly free and with all the swagger you can muster, Bixby, you were so very loved by all who even knew of your existence! :(

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
I'm in tears, too after reading this. You and your family gave him such a wonderful life, full of love. I'm so sorry he left so soon. My condolences deepest sympathies.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thank you all so much. This outpouring of support means so much to me and my family. Losing Bixby hurts. A lot. But knowing that I have friends like all of you, who understand what we're going through and are moved by a heartfelt desire to reach out and support us during this difficult time, is a balm to the wound. It helps to know that so many of you are in this with us.

Thank you.

EnglishMuffin

Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Parrots
Sootie- Yellow-sided GCC
Stephen I am so, so devastated to log on today and read this. I had loved reading Bixby's updates and his progress in his courtship with Maya. He was one of the forum's better known and best loved birds and we all share in your loss and sorrow. My best wishes to you and your family, and Maya who must be missing her buddy xxxx

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thank you so much.

And yes, I believe that Maya does miss her buddy. At the end, I brought him over to her for a few moments. I've read accounts of birds becoming severely distressed at the sudden disappearance of one of their flockmates, so on the off-chance that she might understand the significance, I let her view him.

She definitely realized that something wasn't right. She was visibly alarmed, and didn't take her eyes off of him for the entire time I stood there. For the rest of the weekend, she remained even more quiet than usual. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I think she knows.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I am so sorry to hear this, and kind of blindsided as well. I honestly thought he was getting better...

Sorry for your loss.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Stephen, I am glad you let Maya say her goodby to Sweet Bixby. I don't think you are reading more into this at all, I am sure she knows.
How are you all holding up? You have all been on my mind, and in my prayers all weekend.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Thank you so much.

And yes, I believe that Maya does miss her buddy. At the end, I brought him over to her for a few moments. I've read accounts of birds becoming severely distressed at the sudden disappearance of one of their flockmates, so on the off-chance that she might understand the significance, I let her view him.

She definitely realized that something wasn't right. She was visibly alarmed, and didn't take her eyes off of him for the entire time I stood there. For the rest of the weekend, she remained even more quiet than usual. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I think she knows.

Absolutely, they know.

When Tusk didn't come home, Lila had her beak pressed up against the glass staring at the tree, until we found him again...

They grieve too!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I hope you and your family are doing well, I know this time is rough but time is what you all need now.

solrac13

Dec 14, 2013
Media
Shenzhen South of China
Parrots
Electus vosmaeri, male
My Bixby lost his battle

Dear Anansi :green2:

I just happen to find out about your lost, beleave me I understand very well your pain as in the past before the arrival of Jade I had an African Grey who passed away too.

I remember you and Bixby since the beginning a bit over a year, since Bixby and Jade have the same age and been both in this Electus forum ever since!

I admire you for all the love and work with the battle! You did everything that was possible and even more as you got Bixby a girl parrot friend so they can both be happy loving pairs.

Please accept my condolence and were ever Bixby is he will always be with you.

BR solrac & Jade

Most Reactions