bleeding baby lovebird!

Sunnylovebirds

Feb 11, 2014
today i went to go check up on my baby 3 week old lovebird. i noticed he had a bit of his wing RED. it was blood. he has been learning how to fly and is going nuts but i don't know for sure how he hurt himself. i washed all the blood off. the cut was in between two feathers. its pretty small. is there anything i can give him to stop the bleeding? could i put alcohol? or should i put flour to stop the bleeding? help!:eek::(:confused:

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
put some flour or cornstarch to stop bleeding and watch him carefully if he keeps bleeding for a bit put him in a small cage so he can't go crazy and watch to make sure he's not bleeding a lot. He should be fine if its a small cut make sure it stays clean.

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
if you need to disinfect it, try a little betadine. no alcohol or any oil based antibiotic creams, especially on the feathers.

safe disinfectants:

betadine
cayenne pepper powder
saline solution/saline eyedrops

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I used saline solution for my baby cockatiels when I had to take them out of the nest when their father plucked them really badly. It cleaned and washed everything right off and seemed to soothe the pain a bit.

Most Reactions