Blessed life

JaxAttack

Feb 28, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
Jax the Bare eyed Cockatoo and Pepi the Budgie
Hi all
Just a few pics of what blessed life Jax and I lead here in the beautiful South Africa! He is almost 2 years old now. Those that does not know us... yes Jax is extremely dirty from always playing outside, but he is one happy fellow...

photo.php

photo.php

My mom in background
photo.php

photo.php

We had some epic weather here this weekend, usually Jax just cruise around in the garden but as we live 200 meters from the beach I started taking him to fly there often and he is not super comfortable and loves it! :)

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Hi all
Just a few pics of what blessed life Jax and I lead here in the beautiful South Africa! He is almost 2 years old now. Those that does not know us... yes Jax is extremely dirty from always playing outside, but he is one happy fellow...

537080_10151584423100731_926974162_n.jpg

59243_10151584423065731_1071029539_n.jpg

My mom in background
62681_10151584423145731_116144939_n.jpg

544759_10151584423095731_407731254_n.jpg

We had some epic weather here this weekend, usually Jax just cruise around in the garden but as we live 200 meters from the beach I started taking him to fly there often and he is not super comfortable and loves it! :)

He's one dirty bird!!!! But he looks quite happy flying! Looks like he's been trained well! Great job with him!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Somehow I doubt if he cares if he is dirty he is having way too much fun:D

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Beautiful , looks like hes having a great life. Whats he like ?

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
LOVE the pics! He definitely doesn't care that he is dirty. I love watching birds in flight. Great job with him, he looks good. :)

OP
JaxAttack

JaxAttack

Feb 28, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
Jax the Bare eyed Cockatoo and Pepi the Budgie
Oh goodness...thank you so much for helping with the pics Monica!
I clicker trained him from week 14 that he came home to me. He is extremely obedient... I dont know if it is the training or that he just loves to be around me and my family, but when I call (whistle sharp), he is there in eagle speed time.

He does get misted and showered, but as I said he just cant stay clean.

Pinkbirdy... I dont know how to describe him. He is my first big parrot, and not one day has gone by that I regret getting him (altough I know we are about to hit the terrible twos soon). He is a laugh. Always a clown, loves loves loves any person he can be close to. He talks ALOT... Mostly dinosaur gibberish, but wow does he enjoy telling stories to anyone who will listen. When I take him for his morning and afternoon flight he is really loud. Extremely loud! I give him time to fly around freely in the garden, he is mostly upside down in some tree screaming to the glorious sun at how happy he is.

Anyway he is very happy and well trained. I would not risk losing him if he was not.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Welcome! And I believe it's a combination of training and his bond! A lot of bonded birds don't *KNOW* to fly back to their owners when they take off, so training definitely plays a role in it!

Glad to see more owners training their birds for flight like you've done!!!! I haven't done it myself, but something I've been reading a lot about! Have worked on it with my mitred conure, but not as extensively as I know I should! So he gets to go outside in a harness!

Most Reactions