Blood in stool?

GretcheNicole1987

Oct 27, 2022
Idaho
Parrots
A hybrid Sunday Conure
This morning my Sunday had a weird looking stool. It appeared to possibly have blood in it. I tried to attach a photo but it says the file is too large. She appears to be in good spirits talking and head bobbing. Nothing in her diet has changed so I am concerned. The poop wasn't black with blood bit more pink/red along with the normal green/white. Her second poop of the day was normal. When I say her, it's a guess. She is about a year old and also molting right now. What could this mean?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
First, Welcome to Parrot Forum!!

Blood in the stool is a: Must Get To An Avian Vet ASAP!
The fact that it did not repeat in the second stool takes the level down a bit!
That said, even if it does not repeat, you should consider a New Parrot Vet visit in the near future.

OP
GretcheNicole1987

GretcheNicole1987

Oct 27, 2022
Idaho
Parrots
A hybrid Sunday Conure
First, Welcome to Parrot Forum!!

Blood in the stool is a: Must Get To An Avian Vet ASAP!
The fact that it did not repeat in the second stool takes the level down a bit!
That said, even if it does not repeat, you should consider a New Parrot Vet visit in the near future.
Thank you so much for your advice, her avian vet 5 minutes from our house luckily. I am at work today but my Dad is home and keeping his eye on her. I plan on taking her in if it stays the same (I see anything else abnormal again) or it gets worse. I do, have some peace of mind she is acting her normal self and the second poop was normal. I'll see how she is doing when I go home to have lunch with her. Thank you!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Keep in mind that parrot poops often reflect what they were eating shorty before, so if he had red color food, like red peppers, strawberries, etc, his poops are going to have a red element. Food runs thru them pretty quickly.

Most Reactions

Latest posts