Blue Fronted Amazon Stopped Screaming

Alibihe

Sep 14, 2020
Hello this is my first time posting on any forum so I apologize if I do anything wrong. My Blue Fronted Amazon was recently moved from one room of the house to another. She used to be around our dogs and the whole family. Now she is in a bedroom where the other animals don't go and the rest of the family tends not to be. She was screaming and yelling her name (the only word she knows) but after the move she very abruptly stopped. I was just curious as to whether or not this could be a negative thing (stress) or if it is good? I can give more details if that would help with any answers.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Amazon's are highly social creatures that love being in the center of the flock's activity. Placing an Amazon in a separate room is like placing them in solitary confinement. Each prisoner has different responses to such confinement, but the vast majority tend to turn inwards. Any further discussion would be difficult to say as it would be speculation.

IMHO, placing an Amazon in such confinement tend to develop into behavior problems.

Most Reactions