Bowie Needs Positive-Energy, Prayers, Whatever You Can Do...

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Oh Dear,
just tuned in and... that little one really is a trouble magnet!

Glad to hear you are both on the mend again and there seems to be no permanent damage. I can imagine you freaked out on the spot!
This really is the stuf of nightmares for anyone with small beings about the house.

Great to hear you stayed true to form and got him to your CAV asap.

Wishing him (and you) a speedy recouvery from all the traumas (bruises and emotions).

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Ellen that’s wonderful news! I’d say someone somewhere was looking out for both Bowie and my Lilly because they both had miraculous escapes from a very close shave pretty much the same day! How incredible that Bowie came through his accident with no broken bones! I wish your sweet little boy a speedy recovery :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Go, Team BIRD PEOPLE everywhere.
Yep, I love this place.
Oh, and, attabird, Bowie!

OP
EllenD

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Well today I think I can safely say that Bowie is going to be alright...He's acting normally now, and when we got up this morning and I let him out of his sleep-cage he flew downstairs for the first time with the others for his breakfast, and he doesn't seem to be hanging his head downward very much at all now, and he didn't even get his pain-med/anti-inflammatory med yets!!! He still looks like he was scalped, which technically I guess he was, but his feathers should grow back in soon...It doesn't help that he was going through his spring molt when this happened, he looks a wreck, but he's okay (it looks like I shaved the back of his head/neck, lol)...

I don't know if he is just trying to screw with me or what, but Bowie has had enough accidents for the rest of his life and my life...None of the others do this to me!!!

Thanks to everyone for your support, I literally lost my mind last week when this happened, and coming here and talking to people who understand really did help...Now I have to go answer all of my PM's and emails that accumulated, because other than logging-in here quickly to post about how Bowie was doing, I've been completely offlline!!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Great to hear Ellen! So happy he's okay. He's quite a little fighter. They do like to mess with us, don't they?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Wonderful and touching updates, Ellen. So happy to see Bowie is structurally intact and approaches normalcy.

Your experience touched a lot of nerves, so much is taken for granted. I've had benign issues with doors and flighted birds, will hard-wire some precautions based on your experience. Give Bowie some extra hugs and scritches for me!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
just saw this, poor guy has been through the wars recently!

Good to hear that he's on the mend and just suffering from a bit of sore head and impromptu haircut. That's enough accidents for you Bowie!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
So glad to hear the little guy is feeling better:) Despite they’re reputation for being extremely delicate, parrots seem to thankfully be more resilient than expected in many cases of head and neck injury. I hope any residual pain and bruising quickly heals up!

Most Reactions

Latest posts