Brand new to all of this

Respiratory Rob

Jun 18, 2011
Philipsburg, PA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure Pineapple
I'm a newly almost single father of 3 that always wanted a parrot, but there was 1 thing stopping that from happening for 15 yrs. Yup, the wife, well she left last week and the kids and I decided it was a perfect time for a new buddy. We drove 3hrs to York, Pa 6/17/11 to pick up "Rio"(kids pick) from a very very nice hobby breeder, who showed us the parents, siblings, how to handle, feed, train. We saved about 300dollars by going this route and I believe got a much more socialized and tame 3 month old Pineapple Green Cheek. We couldn't be happier with our decision and it makes the sadness that entered our lives a little easier and takes your mind off of the troubles just having that little guy around. So I guess i'll be here for a long time asking lots of questions. So Hello Everyone :D.

Rob

Ria

Jun 6, 2011
Media
Albums
Uk, Hampshire / Gosport
Parrots
Indian Ringneck: Damien

RIP: Dempsey & Winston
Welcome to the forum!
I am glad you followed your heart and got your family a 'by the sounds of it' a lovely little addition!

It's a shame your wife had stopped you from getting him sooner. My ex didn't like animals too, it caused so many problems; due to my dog not liking him and him not liking my dog, LOL!

Best wishes~
Maria!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Welcome to our forum RB. So sorry for the troubles but you have good things ahead of you. Please feel free to send us some photos when you can. All the best to you and your flock.

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Welcome! I had someone in my life long ago that didn't like parrots and I rehomed a parrot because of it. Well that relationship failed in the long run. Sometime after that I got my amazon, and now have 3 parrots, and I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves them almost as much as me. :) Happy to see you got a little parrot.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Rob, I think you done went out and found you a new best friend. :D

I can promise you this (from experience).

Your next girlfriend is going to have to pass the "bird test." Let her know that if she can't stand the bird, she won't be dating you. LOL

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Congratulations on your new love, and I am glad for you and the kids that Rio is there to keep you busy and, I am sure, amused!

It's funny, my eldest niece once had a boyfriend that was taken aback when she told him, "Sorry, but family comes first, then friends, then you." And when he said, petulantly, "Am I at least ahead of Nilla (the family dog) in rank?" she said, "Are you kidding? Nilla's FAMILY!"

Needless to say, Nilla is still around, that boyfriend is history!

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Congrats!! Im getting a green cheek in September, and I have also worked hard saving up money for a nice baby.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. But you have a great bird, Pineapple Green Cheeks are such sweet and wonderful birds. I'm glad since you have children that you went the breeder route and got a well socialized bird. You should have years of happiness with him/her.

Tammy

May 4, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Orange Wing Amazon
Welcome. My ex hated my parrot. I've never been happier since he left! Hope to see you around here a lot. I have found the people here invaluable with their advice.

Most Reactions