Brand new to the conure world!

kiwiReyna

Jun 1, 2016
Parrots
Pineapple Conure
Hi! I've had my conure for 4 days now and very excited about the adventures ahead!

I have two daughters, 5 and 7, one 10 year old boston terrier boy (one female who sadly passed in january :-( she had just turned 10), 6 little fish who are almost 2 years old!!! and now a pineapple conure :p

Any tips on where to start with potty traning and teaching cute little things would be great!!! I have been reading up on bird care for a little while now, but it is all so new and so different than owning a dog!! Looking forward to interacting with all of you!

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Welcome! My GCC was easily potty trained and was nearly perfect! Go to YouTube and search potty training parrots. I'm sure your little one will catch on quickly. Welcome!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome to the forum! Kiwi is a beauty:)
I am so sorry for the loss of your dog, we just lost my boy a couple of months ago and I know how badly it breaks your heart:(

Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Hi there,
Your new companion in beautiful. As you are new to owning a conure, I would like to point out that even clipped birds can fly away if the wind conditions are right.
Many people would recommend he/she only go outside with a harness or in a cage. Sorry if you were already aware!

Welcome!

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Welcome to the forum KiwiReyna and all your flock. Your little Conure is Adorable ... you will get lots of tips and help in the forum especially in the Conure section which you will find by clicking on this link:
*http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/

OP
kiwiReyna

kiwiReyna

Jun 1, 2016
Parrots
Pineapple Conure
Thank you for the warm welcome!!! First week so far is wonderful!!! Our little baby is just so sweet ��

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Kiki is a cutie. I love GCCs. Sometimes the different colors of birds remind me of the candy Skittles - so colorful. Welcome to the forum.

Most Reactions