Breeder Birds in Mims rescue fundraiser UPDATE.............

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/grd/3142232309.html

OK, I wasn't going to pursue this any further, BUT isn't there always a but? The owner of the Breeder Birds in Mims Florida whose Craigslist ad got this whole fiasco going, contacted me back after numerous attempts of emailing him through his Craigslist ad.

The seller (Ron) resides in Mims Florida. I called and spoke to him at length about the situation and asked several questions. (His Personal information is NOT for open forum posting).

1. Was he ever contacted by Lisa about buying all the birds = Ron's response was "NO", he had only been contacted by people wanting to buy just one of the birds.

2. Did he still have the birds="YES", he said that he still has all the birds and wants $3200.00 for them and has 4x4 and 4x6 cages for all of them.

3. Ron is Highly upset that people would assume by the pictures in his ad that his birds are neglected or abused without actually going out to his place and seeing the birds personally.

Ron has a health condition and doesn't want something to happen to him and leave his wife saddled with the chore of caring for the birds. These birds are breeder birds and are close to 20 years old. THEY AREN'T PETS and never will be. Like he said, he has to use gloves to feed the macaws and they have still bitten his hand and arm through the gloves.

I have been contacted by several members who are still concerned for the birds and if they are still available.

So Yes, these birds are still available. If anyone is interested in these birds, they can PM me and I will give them Ron's contact information. I will also add here that there will be no fundraising activity on the forums. If anyone wants to pursue that angle, they will have to do that off of the forums.

Last edited:

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
If she never contacted him how did she know he wanted 3200 for the birds? I don't know who to believe anymore. I wish we could have gotten them, even though they will never be pets we could have at least given them good homes :( I must say its also a bit frustrating that he is asking top dollar for what are essentially burnt out breeders. He said they are aggressive(more defensive than anything I suppose) and that they are 20 years old. I don't think most birds continue breeding in their twenties... its just sad because just finding good homes for old breeders is hard enough yet he wants one person to take all of them and pay prices that equate to what young healthy breeders go for :(

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
If she never contacted him how did she know he wanted 3200 for the birds? I don't know who to believe anymore. I wish we could have gotten them, even though they will never be pets we could have at least given them good homes :( I must say its also a bit frustrating that he is asking top dollar for what are essentially burnt out breeders. He said they are aggressive(more defensive than anything I suppose) and that they are 20 years old. I don't think most birds continue breeding in their twenties... its just sad because just finding good homes for old breeders is hard enough yet he wants one person to take all of them and pay prices that equate to what young healthy breeders go for :(

His ads specifically stated $3200.00 in their titles. But he also states make an offer as well. So I would suspect he would take less if offered.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Well wolf, you want me to go take a look at them for you.

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Someone mentioned a broken wing on the grey. I think that might be a perch. Can't find that post now.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I didn't realize the price was in the ad, it was so long ago and I can't look at it anymore and even the new one has been deleted. Unfortunately, I don't have even close to that much money or a way to take in all 8 of them :(

Most Reactions