Breeding Eclectus Problems

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sigh...

Dave... relax, my man. Chill. Deep breaths. Slow your roll. Have you considered that maybe... just maybe... you're the one who's getting a wee bit uptight, here? Look, here's what you said:

this is some good feed for the Eclectus. it takes care of what other feeds fail to do since the Eclectus metabolism is different then other Parrots.i mix with a few pellets and volkers super hookbill feed daily, along with a good size serving of fresh fruit and veggies daily always mixing up the contents of the fresh dish to keep it interesting for him.
Volkman Avian Science Super Eclectus Food 4lbs

So no, you never once came out and said those seeds should replace fresh foods. True. But you also never said how much of the diet should consist of those seeds, either. This isn't a dig on you, but since this thread is focused, in large part, upon the proper care of the ekkies under the OP's care, is it so wrong for any of us to seek to clarify what is best for said ekkies?

Try not to take things so personally, Dave. We're all here because we want what's best for our birds, right? Look, you obviously love your flock. I can both respect that and identify with it. It seems as though you feel like you've got the whole bird diet bit nailed down, though. If so, that's okay. You're always free to ignore anything you see here that you feel doesn't really apply to you and your flock. We all do what we feel is best for the birds under our care.

Personally, I don't purport to be a know-it-all. Quite the opposite, actually. While I'm confident in what I do know, I'm very much aware of how much more there is for me to learn. This is a road, a journey, and we're all on it together. Everyone, including you, has something to contribute. That's the strength of community.

So enough of all this fussing and such. Let's pass the peace pipe and get back to the actual purpose of this thread, eh?

Most Reactions