Mar 27, 2019
Ohio
Parrots
Sky Blue Budgie
Violet Pied Budgie
Cinnamon Cockatiel
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Cockatiel
Black Headed Caique
Hi! I had a quick question regarding what I should expect when breeding two of my parakeets. I’ve already bred parakeets before (lutino hen x normal green male) and did not get what I was expecting! I got 2 lutinos and 2 creaminos/double factor spangle.

I’m going to breed (sky blue male x yellow face type 2 hen) two parakeets and I’m just wondering if anyone has any idea what their offspring would look like? I know parakeets obviously have some hidden characteristics that aren’t visible, but does anyone have any predictions??

50fgw4.jpg

(left) male (right) hen

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
It depends if female is single or double factor yellowface. If df: all babies will be between blue and sf yellow face; if sf yellowface: 50% normal and 50% blue/sf yellowface. Do you know their parents?

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
It's impossible to know exactly unless we know their parents genetics as well, but based on what commonly happens in this combo, you'll get a combo, usually a split, between white face and yellow face babies, and then as far as colors most of them will be Pieds, both blue, green, and then probably yellow Pied as well...And sometimes you'll also get a pastel as well (mix of blue, green, yellow, and white, and in light shades.)...But again, the only thing that you'll definitely get is a pretty even split between yellow face and white face Pieds...The rest is up to genetics...

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
If you do not start with purebred birds you can expect almost anything.

Most Reactions

Latest posts