Breeding Trainee

Josefina

Aug 19, 2013
I'm a 21 year-old birdnerd from Sweden who is pursuing a career in wildlife conservation. I'm especially interested in reintroduction projects and therefore breeding programs. At the moment I'm working in a reintroduction project with Scarlet Macaws in Mexico and before that I was monitoring the breeding season of El Oro Parakeets in Ecuador.
To be able to work in breeding programs of parrots I first have to learn the skills of artificial incubation and hand rearing (and soooo much more) and that is why I've found my way to this forum. I am looking for a somewhat larger scale breeder of larger parrots (macaws, amazons, cockatoos, pionus, conures etc) who would be interested in an apprentice/trainee.
I have studied animal husbandry for three years and have more hands-on experience than most in my age, for example I've hand reared pretty much all types of birds you can find in Northern Europe through work at a wildlife rescue center.

If anyone would be interested, or know someone, feel free to send me an email with any questions you might have and I will send you my CV.

Quite obviously I'm not fuzzy about where in the world I end up!

Thanks a lot!

Josefina
[email protected]

OP
J

Josefina

Aug 19, 2013
Sorry for putting this post in the completely wrong part of the forum. I don't know how to delete or move it.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey Jose, i emailed you the contact info for the person you need to talk with.

Rana

Sep 18, 2012
Dublin, Ireland (Republic)
Parrots
Scottie Pippen (Pinapple GCC) Little Bandit (Hahns Macaw)
All the best of luck in your search!! :) do keep us posted on how you get on, i'm sure you'd have some interesting stories to tell :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I sent him your post and email address. if he contacts me i'll let you know. he might contact you himself. This is the guy you want to work with. He's probably the largest New World Parrot breeder in the US if not the world. I'd call him but he's very busy during the day. Hopefully he needs some help and will contact you himself. Good Luck,Richard PS be sure to use my name( i think he likes me, LOL)

OP
J

Josefina

Aug 19, 2013
Thank you so much Richard!
I really hope that he is interested.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Have you heard anything yet?

OP
J

Josefina

Aug 19, 2013
No I haven't heard anything yet.. And he didn't get back to you?

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
I called and left a message. If he's in town he'll get back with me soon.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Ohh, only just seen this. Good luck! I'd love to be involved in rehab and reintroduction of wild animals! Bet you'll have some wonderful times and great memories in this field of work.

Again, good luck with your search! Please check back in once in a while and let us know where abouts in the world you ended up ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts