brown headed parrot

kmiller0320

Jun 20, 2012
I'm looking at getting a brown headed parrot. From what I can tell they have a very sweet disposition. Does anyone have any experience with them or information? Thanks.
Karen

keepsmiling

Jun 21, 2012
Are you speaking of the Poicephalus cryptoxanthus? They are sweet little birds. Not very common. I have no personal experience.I have a friend who had one but lost her to a tragic accident. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I would love to see him/her when you get him.

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
I am the friend that lost mine to a tragic accident. :( I also use to breed them. Brown heads are such wonderful medium size parrots! Mine could carry on a full conversation. Peepers was very silly and she was extremely playful I find that these parrots will go to most anyone and not play favorites. They tend to not be loud. Many have excellent talking ability and can converse like many greys. Brown heads tend to be passed over because many think they are not pretty. I think they are the hidden jewel of the poi family. I have a friend that has written the only book on brown head parrots.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Great choice, a brown headed parrot. They are such entertaining birds, with awesome personalities.

Ecclipse had a brown headed parrot Hugo, unfortunately, he was ill, and passed away.

Do yourself a favour, go into her posts etc, you will find very interesting information, loads of hilarious moments they shared.

Good luck

Most Reactions