brown spots

itslizze91

Aug 15, 2023
Parrots
green cheeked conure
leo is a 1 year old conure that i got from my grandma i have been seeing these brown spots on his feathers. is it normal he was on a only seed diet i have been trying to swich him over to pellts and chop i think its going good but what are the brown spots and what should i do

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
First, pictures really help as brown spots can run the full gamut from food on a feather, and area of the feather that is damaged, just needs a good misting bath, stress strips, etc, etc...

Most brown spots are the result of the feather colors not being reflected and as a result we only see the color brown. But that does not define the why, only what we see.

Regarding diet, please ensure that the seed diet is Human Grade!!
Adding Chop is important. Make it available first thing in the morning. Understand that it takes months even years to introduce a new food.

OP
itslizze91

itslizze91

Aug 15, 2023
Parrots
green cheeked conure
First, pictures really help as brown spots can run the full gamut from food on a feather, and area of the feather that is damaged, just needs a good misting bath, stress strips, etc, etc...

Most brown spots are the result of the feather colors not being reflected and as a result we only see the color brown. But that does not define the why, only what we see.

Adding Chop is important. Make it available first thing in the morning. Understand that it takes months even years to introduce a new food.

Attachments

• IMG_8175.jpeg
    IMG_8175.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 17
OP
itslizze91

itslizze91

Aug 15, 2023
Parrots
green cheeked conure

i sent a pic of him

Most Reactions

Latest posts