Budgie obsessed with toy

Jamiesmith1993

Feb 12, 2020
Hi,
I have a Budgie got a Budgie who is about 7 months old and is usually very happy. He has recently become obsessed with a ball and is becoming quite aggressive when he’s out of his cage and really aggressive when he is around the ball. I decided to take the ball away a couple of days ago and he is not being aggressive anymore. However he keeps squawking all the time as if he’s trying to find it.
Any ideas on what I should do?
Should I persist with this for a few days to see if he stops (he doesn’t seem unhappy just making lots of noise)?
Or is it perfectly fine for him to be obsessed with his ball, even if it’s making him aggressive?
Thanks
Jamie :whiteblue:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and your playful budgie!

Some of my young parrot's first toys were balls, the plastic type with tiny bell inside. Always supervised to ensure they didn't break the plastic, seemed to be a phase. As long as your bird does not get too aggressive, it can be a cherished toy. A compromise may be giving him the ball for while once per day.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I agree with Flboy

1) it's cute

2) burns of energy to bite with

3) good exercise

4) once the bird is bored with the toy, you will miss these days...birds "go through toys" like kids with video games....some are favorites but a lot are a fad to them

this is my OPINION.....and is not based on any science.....

Most Reactions

Latest posts