Budgies are totally dumb!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
you misspelled "link" you dummy!

Sure that budgie is smarter, quicker, better trained, wiser, and ok, cuter than clark, but I bet clark could kick it's butt.....maybe.

:gcc:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
That book was required reading in 7th grade..AWESOME :)

Jim

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
That video was amazing! What a gifted budgie! At first I was thinking he was hyperactive, until I realized it was on high speed playback. Sigh. Now he's making ME look bad. Lol!

The flag raising trick in particular impressed the heck out of me! The sheer mental gymnastics necessary for understanding the mechanics of that trick are more intensive than it might seem at first glance. Wow!

Thanks for sharing!

And the follow up posts have been hilarious!

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Budgies are the most under appreciated birds on the planet. I have almost as much fun with my son's budgie as I do with my larger birds. And the only reason why it's "almost" is because Liam is very much my son's bird and I am definitely Not The Favorite, and only get to sneak time with him while my son is in school.

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
A lot of people and most all people outside the bird world don't know that it is in fact a budgie that holds the records for the most spoken words. Something like 1600 I believe don't quote me on that. Amazingly under valued souls.

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
A lot of people and most all people outside the bird world don't know that it is in fact a budgie that holds the records for the most spoken words. Something like 1600 I believe don't quote me on that. Amazingly under valued souls.

Not quite that impressive but my son's budgie can sing the entire opening credits song for NCIS, which is really funny in the hgh pitched squeak of a budgie.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
That video was amazing! What a gifted budgie! At first I was thinking he was hyperactive, until I realized it was on high speed playback. Sigh. Now he's making ME look bad. Lol!

The flag raising trick in particular impressed the heck out of me! The sheer mental gymnastics necessary for understanding the mechanics of that trick are more intensive than it might seem at first glance. Wow!

Thanks for sharing!

I was also thinking WOW look at him go! lol

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
Wow, what a talented budgie! Yeah, budgies are the most under appreciated of all the parrots. Most people don't even know that they are parrots! This is what usually happens to me:
Someone curious about my birds: Oh, you have birds! What kind?
Me: three parrots! *shows pictures*
Other person: Isn't that a parakeet? A cockatiel? And what's that green bird? Do they talk?
Me: No, but they do tricks!
Other person: Oh.

OP
LordTriggs

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us

Thanks for sharing!

So THAT's what it is in the video! I thought the Budgie was just high on seed

Funny thing is looking at the flag trick it's actually simpler than you think! It's merely the same trick he did putting the rings on the stick earlier in the video just this time it has resistance!

God I remember reading Of Mice and Men in school too. Such a good book, may have to read it again after I finish my current reading collection

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Game on, Salty!

I might steal of few of those tricks, and this Budgie could learn a few things from Salty. I like the flag raising ( though its a variation on putting the rings on the post). I also like the skate board trick too. Smart little bird for sure.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
That was wonderful, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing. :)

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
My birds can definetly teach this budgie a few things, and learn some things from him too, and even teach Salty! Salty isn't the only one with tricks up his sleeves!

crimson.snwbnny

Oct 4, 2017
Wow my budgies just purr and tweet at each other. How do you guys teach to copy a particular sound?

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Wow my budgies just purr and tweet at each other. How do you guys teach to copy a particular sound?

I tore the achilles tendon in my foot and binged 14 seasons (24 episodes a season) of NCIS at my desk which is right next to Liam's cage, which is where he stays during the day when my son is in school. That may have had something to do with it.

crimson.snwbnny

Oct 4, 2017

I tore the achilles tendon in my foot and binged 14 seasons (24 episodes a season) of NCIS at my desk which is right next to Liam's cage, which is where he stays during the day when my son is in school. That may have had something to do with it.
Cute! I love listening to my birdies chirp its so soothing. I used to call them a married couple because it sound like they were always yelling at each other. Now its more gentler tweets and purrs.

Pureblood

Feb 6, 2017
Media
Parrots
3 lovebirds (Max, Zloba & Zora)
(Pika, lovebird, RIP 11/2017) & 2 budgies (Picek & Njofra)
That video was awesome! Wow ! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts