Bugieitis Sufferer...Hopeless Case ...Incurable

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
PS: I wont tell you guys what I did hee hee :)

Oh Mary, now you have to tell us!! Picked one out and paid for it? What, we have to know! :D

How exciting. One with red eyes is lutino, if one has black eyes it's a DEC (dark eyed clear). I can't wait to see pics of them!
Im wondering if the dark eyed one is dark ruby eyed like Elsa but as I havent seen them yet I dont know. I dont plan to go see them until I go to take them home and Im hoping she works hard at hand taming them as Im guessing thats probably what was done with Elsa but Im only guessing Elsa could also have been hand raised though I think if she was hand raised she would accept a treat off a spoon or syringe I tried offering both but the little beak didnt make the effort to open so I figured I was wrong...she Elsa is strange for a female budgie as she never bites at all not even a pinch. I will ask the breeder if she can take some pics for me soon. Funny how the mom and dad are both white. I am so longing to see some pics of them myself. As to what Im not telling you...well I will give you a clue ...3 little Lutino birds sitting on a perch one named Elsa .... you can finish the line yourself Julie LoL :)
Well how could you seperate two babies when there was only the two there :)

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
Congrats! lol I was going to reply & say that earlier since I had a feeling that's what you were implying. It's fate anyway - all lutinos it was meant to be. Beside 3 can balance out the perch better :) I'm so enjoy hearing about Elsa now I'm excited to see pics of her new buddies!

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Congrats! lol I was going to reply & say that earlier since I had a feeling that's what you were implying. It's fate anyway - all lutinos it was meant to be. Beside 3 can balance out the perch better :) I'm so enjoy hearing about Elsa now I'm excited to see pics of her new buddies!

Thank you I was expecting the babies to be white as the mom and dad budgies are white and even had a name picked out...I was thinking of Spook but Spook doesnt fit a Lutino and now I have 2 names to find :) Hee hee Im surprised Julue hadnt guessed it too :)

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
I was wondering how two albino parents ended up having what looked like Lutino chicks and they are probably not Lutino but Creamino...Julie if you read this as you seem to know a little about genetics in budgies are the chicks more likely to be creamino than Lutino and is there a noticable difference or can the Lutino and Creamino be confused with each other? Also when sexing Creaminos is it the same as sexing Lutinos as in the Lutino males are very rare and the lutino coloured chicks are mainly female...is it the same with the Creamino or is it different?
I read this when I went researching which posed the above question
Creamino Budgies - Cute Little Birdies Aviary
I found the other bit of info about tne Lutinos being mainly female also when I went reading as I was wondering how I woukd sex them to name them...not that it really matters I suppose...looks like from what I read that I will be going with two girl names and if they turn out half as sweet as Elsa they will be little darlings.

Last edited:
OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
I just got these pics from the breeder ...I couldnt wait I sent her a text asking for pics

This is my first time seeing them ...looking at the dark eyes or the way in the pic that they appear to be dark Im wondering if she sent me the same chick twice by mistake but anyway these are the pics I got and I was so thrilled to see them...just 3 weeks old

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
I was right the above two pics are the same chick and the this little one is a bit more mature only by a few days though, but it appears to have markings on the yellow so perhaps the moms and dads did a bit of wife swopping as she has a yellow/green pied pair of parents aswell with similar markings on the wings...anyway here is the little darlin with his dark markings over the yellow...is this what you call a lace wing?...

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh Mary!!! Both the chicks are gorgeous! :D

The first might be a DEC dark eyed clear if they are not ruby red like an ino. The second isn't a lacewing, but some kind of pied. I bet it has some color on the belly?

Precious!! Have you picked out one, or are you taking both? :p

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Oh Mary!!! Both the chicks are gorgeous! :D

The first might be a DEC dark eyed clear if they are not ruby red like an ino. The second isn't a lacewing, but some kind of pied. I bet it has some color on the belly?

Precious!! Have you picked out one, or are you taking both? :p
Need you ask...I booked both before I even saw them once I knew there was only the two of them in it...they should do okay in the same cage shouldnt they Julie...she breeder said that he was yellow but it might be a pale green that shes not noticing yet...I dont think she is knowlegable about the colours...they are cute arent they...hopefully they will be happy to join Elsa in the cage next to her :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts