Bullied Budgies

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I was in a pet store Saturday and two little solid white parakeets in a flight cage with twenty-six other parakeets where being battered pretty badly. The cage was overcrowded and the birds were competing for food and perch space. I couldn't free them all, so I took the two little white ones home to join our dysfunctional flock. Both of the little guys spent their first day napping and eating. They had a mist bath in a steamy bathroom yesterday to wash off some of the grime from the community cage. I named them Frosty and Fiona. Fiona means white, fair, and beautiful. They are chirping a little between bites this morning. I think they are about six months old. There wasn't a single toy in the community cage they were in, and neither of them know what to do with the toys in their new home. Their voices are so soft and sweet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 299

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
They are beautiful.
So nice of you to save them,now they won't go hungry.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Lucky Budgies : ) I love mine. They're so entertaining to watch once they settle in. If you end up with two males, they will get pretty noisy too!
Are you going to try to tame them? One of ours is so wild it's practically impossible, but he's an adult.

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
How kind of you to save them! I recently also had a similar experience at a local petstore. So many birds crammed together :( Petstores like that drive my crazy!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thanks everyone! I have to do some intense reading on parakeets. Poor things they are in a temporary cage and the pet shop owner made me catch them myself. What an awful way to meet their new mom. I think I have this right, one of them is solid white with black eyes and a deep purple bluish cere, male Lutino? The other is albino with pink eyes and a pale cream cere, female? They appear to be very young, but I'm not sure. I would love to tame them. They don't seem to be afraid of me even after our awful intro. In fact they are extremely calm. They don't get too far from each other and haven't been bickering yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 293

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Allee, I am so thrilled that you brought these 2 babies home! They are gorgeous! You are my hero for rescuing them and I look forward to seeing how they blossom under your loving care:)

cassiepengo

Nov 12, 2013
india
Parrots
my darling lovebird
you saved them :) they'll love you for that. they're both really pretty!! hope u have an awsome time wid them :):)

Most Reactions

Latest posts