so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
What are the signs that a CAG is entering maturity?
My Bella is regurgitating for me more often. For some reason when she does that she grabs my finger with her foot and brings it up to her beak.
I would like to know what to look for in her behavior to help me figure out her age.
texsize

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
What are the signs that a CAG is entering maturity?
My Bella is regurgitating for me more often. For some reason when she does that she grabs my finger with her foot and brings it up to her beak.
I would like to know what to look for in her behavior to help me figure out her age.
texsize

Great question. This will get you back up the board and with hope a few of the CAG knowledgeable individuals will jump in!

Sadly, age is a very important part of when and what.

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
CAGs are sexually mature between 4-7yrs i believe, if that helps. Enzo is now 13yrs old and recently laid her first batch of 4 eggs, this is the story of the chaotic period, maybe some clues in there for you.
http://www.parrotforums.com/congo-timneh-greys/71160-i-think-im-getting-along-ok-am-i.html

Im sure ive read CAGs are classed as mature from 1yr old, the eyes being the give away. I was asked last night by my neice if enzo will grow larger or change appearance as she gets older, im assuming not, imagine looking the same at 4yrs old as you do at 80yr old.

Last edited:

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
CAGs are sexually mature between 4-7yrs i believe, if that helps. Enzo is now 13yrs old and recently laid her first batch of 4 eggs, this is the story of the chaotic period, maybe some clues in there for you.
http://www.parrotforums.com/congo-timneh-greys/71160-i-think-im-getting-along-ok-am-i.html

Im sure ive read CAGs are classed as mature from 1yr old, the eyes being the give away. I was asked last night by my neice if enzo will grow larger or change appearance as she gets older, im assuming not, imagine looking the same at 4yrs old as you do at 80yr old.

My avain vet told me at the time that my 8mo CAG will not increse in size much if at all, maybe only weight and if at all it would probably not be noticeable to me in height. She's 2yo next week and she looks the same height as she did at 8mo. Her weight is slightly different but that's based on diet and exercise and really not noticeable to the eye, I think she lost 10grams from her first doctor visit to her following year check up.

Cas27

Jul 27, 2017
NewJersey
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw,green wing Macaw,goffins cockatoo,Congo African grey
My male eleven month old has the white markings around his eyes getting bigger still.

trimblegirls

Dec 30, 2016
Northern CA
Parrots
African Grey: Jasper
Blue and Gold Macaw: Lulu
Eclectus: Pickles
Jasper does the finger holding and regurgitating too. He's 11 well past puberty.

Most Reactions