cage bound for 24 years (B&G)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
FYI, Birdman666, Mark, Your continual support above and beyond, is incredible!
We may end up with a separate 'Ask the Birdman' forum!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
fyi, birdman666, mark, your continual support above and beyond, is incredible!
We may end up with a separate 'ask the birdman' forum!

you do realize i have a day job, right?!

OP
R

rowdy

Jul 28, 2015
FL, USA
Parrots
Rowdy -Blue and Gold Macaw (I miss him :''''(, ?-10/18/15)
Luna- cockatiel (deceased:'()
Mark, he DEFINITELY needs his nails and beak trimmed. He hasnt been in over a year. My mom doesnt want to take him if hes still being a grumpy bird but i keep telling her maybe hes grumpy because his nails are bothering him (THEY'RE ALMOST U'S!!!!!) Yeah, im gonna take him in ASAP, maybe my dad will take me. Gotta find a carrier for now.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I'd get his wings clipped as well when you take him in. If you want him flighted later on, these will grow back. In the meantime, it will make him much easier to work with, and to train.

He's WAY overdue for a nail trim.

OP
R

rowdy

Jul 28, 2015
FL, USA
Parrots
Rowdy -Blue and Gold Macaw (I miss him :''''(, ?-10/18/15)
Luna- cockatiel (deceased:'()
I agree, gonna get them done asap

Cashclan

Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns of Sapphire NC
Parrots
African Greys
Harvey & Essie and Sparks & Lola, Uh-oh which is going to my sister in about another week after I finish potty training him
Oh my goodness that poor baby!! I’m so glad he isn’t in that situation any longer!!! How horrible, I can’t imagine. It breaks my heart to see them being mistreated. Some people mistreat through neglect and others by giving too many treats. When I took my birds to be surgically sexed one of the birds there was having tumors removed! Fatty tumors from bad diet. While I was listening to the others talk about what they fed their parrots I couldn’t believe it! I just kept thinking, don’t these people read what their parrots are supposed to be eating or NOT eating. Good luck on your adventure with your newest baby!!

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
I saw how old this thread is and I was so hoping for an update at the end. Lol poor fella indeed hope they are doing well. neat read anyway, but over two years old.

Marelys1219

Nov 13, 2017
Florida
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
I’m also interested in an update! My blue and gold macaw who we think is about 55 (just adopted about a week ago) is lunging like crazy at me but not my husband I’m yet to carry her or stick my hand in her cage I have been able to feed her peanuts through the cage but she’ll lunge at me right after. I might grow some and make myself a birdy outfit and try to bring her out

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I’m also interested in an update! My blue and gold macaw who we think is about 55 (just adopted about a week ago) is lunging like crazy at me but not my husband I’m yet to carry her or stick my hand in her cage I have been able to feed her peanuts through the cage but she’ll lunge at me right after. I might grow some and make myself a birdy outfit and try to bring her out

Please go to the MAC Forum and look for and read all Threads and Posts by Birdman666. He is very good at understanding MAC'isms. Also, look for his Threads and Posts in other Forums, like Training, etc. This will provide you a fast track on understand and working with a MAC.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
You want an update on this one?! THE BIRD DIED. End of story.

"Im sorry I havent been on in a while guys. but these things are always difficult to say...Rowdy- he passed away last weekend. I went away on Saturday morning to go to my soccer games and would return sunday during late afternoon. Before i left I made sure he had clean water and brand new food. I even put extra food in since i knew i wouldnt be home until late the next day. i came home on sunday and my dad said he didnt make it...we dont know how or why...i was and still am heart broken even a week later. I know i didnt have him for long but I still loved him. He and i had just started to bond, he was finally learning to step up and give me kisses. I honestly dont know what happened. I told my dad to make sure that when he went in my room that he didnt let any of our cats or dog in there. i also made usre my mom dad and brother knew what foods they absolutely could NOT give him and they all understood. I just dont know what happened...my dad said that he noticed rowdy hadnt been talking in a while so he went in to check and rowdy was laying on the bottom of the cage. I dont know what happened...i really dont. I dont think it was my fault...i hope not."

MacawMomma

Jun 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Katie the Catalina Macaw
Just read this thread, how heartbreaking!! [emoji17][emoji174] I can’t even imagine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
34 yr old Max- GW Macaw
1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
ADOPT DON’T SHOP [emoji172]

Most Reactions