Cage came in :)!

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
View attachment 1652
With the play top open
View attachment 1653
Play top closed

It is a huge cage, I wasn't expecting it to be that huge but I like it :) Now to just find the space for it!

What the general rule with perches though? I was going to set up all the birds perches/toys after I get home but just need to know if I should go by any general rules about setting a perch up.

I have a perch going to the food/water and treat bowl(Treat bowl is on other side of food/water), will it be ok if the bird eats from the bowls sideways or should I figure something out so the bird is in front of the bowl while eating.

Last edited:

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Very nice cage. What is the brand name? Best to use the natural perches with bark on rather than the ones that come with the cage. Rope perches are very good too.
I have a new cage to put together. It is called Chateau XL. No tools needed to put together. They always seem bigger when you get them set up than what the photo looked like.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I have the chateau xl cage. Is that what that one is too? Rio just stands right on the bowl to eat/drink.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Oh! And I have the one perch that came with the cage in there, but also a few other types for a variety, different wood/shapes, and a rope one.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
That is the same cage I got. Bouoght it on Petco.com. How was it to put together and do you like it??

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
It was really easy to put together. I love it! It's very roomy for Rio. If I ever got another bird, I would definately buy this brand again.

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
Was actually really easy to put together I spent about a hour and a half in all to put together(I set everything aside for easy access).

As for the perchs I actually have 4 other ones.
1 is a Sand perch
1 is a kind of toy perch
1 Rope perch
1 edible perch(Tooty Fruity with Calcium *Bee Pollen*

And 1 sand swing perch!

Got some toys and set it up today not sure if I got everything perfect though lol

Oh and yes it is the Cheateu XL

Most Reactions

Latest posts