Cage experience vertical bars

Grateful

Jul 25, 2013
Hello
Im still researching a new cage and I have learned a lot. Sadly its very frustrating. Im close to purchasing The Avian Adventures Grande cage through petco as they have a return policy up to 45 days if the powdercoat testing comes back high in zinc you can return it to your local store. But I was in discussion over days with an American Manufacturrer that would make a cage approx the same size and to my specs. They would powdercoat it etc and would cost approx $1850. And I would have paid for it until they told me all their cages are made with vertical bars, stating that horizontal bars could cause a wing to break if the bird falls. I wasn't quite sure what that meant as almost every article Ive read states if the bird isnt flying in the cage it should have horizontal bars to help climb and in fact most cages Ive seen have them. The only ones that dont are the Animal Enviornment cages.
Avian Adventures sent me a letter from 2011 from a testing company saying they had no zinc in their powdercoat but still im going to test it if I purchase that cage.
Does anyone have that model and can anyone recommend anything else
thanks

Zazoothehahns

Apr 5, 2013
Have you looked at the cages by design cages? You can opt to have the solid back replaced with the SS square wire they use. It really isn't wire but a heavy duty square grid. You can get the front doors done with the mesh also. I don't know what size you are looking for, you can get the basic cage without the cabinets to keep the prices lower. Stainless steel is really nice, no rusting, strong, no need to worry about chipping or zinc. Don't know what you are looking to house or where you live, but sometimes you can come across the on eBay or CL in excellent used condition.

Most Reactions