Cage for Galah 'Too

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
Yes, that's a good size and a good price, just make sure there is no rust. I would also ask what happened to the bird...

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
The size works, double check the bar spacing- you don't want your fid to be able to stick their head through the bars; my galah's cage has 3/4" bar spacing, and I would say a max of 1"

Also, as kimkim suggested- make sure there's no rust...and disinfect the heck out of it if you bring it home

OP
MustLoveAnimals

MustLoveAnimals

Aug 14, 2014
Missouri
Parrots
Female Cinnamon Cockatiel; Arka
~
Female Red Crowned Amazon; Chiba
Yes, that's a good size and a good price, just make sure there is no rust. I would also ask what happened to the bird...
Will do! And I believe they just got the cage hoping to fill it one day, and never did, but I will ask them in person.
If there is rust, could I put any sort of protective coating on it?

OP
MustLoveAnimals

MustLoveAnimals

Aug 14, 2014
Missouri
Parrots
~
The size works, double check the bar spacing- you don't want your fid to be able to stick their head through the bars; my galah's cage has 3/4" bar spacing, and I would say a max of 1"

Also, as kimkim suggested- make sure there's no rust...and disinfect the heck out of it if you bring it home
I will bring my measuring tape. :)
What would be a safe disinfectant to use?

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Some people have repainted cages, but I personally would not recommend it...I would pass on it [emoji51]

Use bleach and water to scrub and wipe it down then let it dry in the sun.

OP
MustLoveAnimals

MustLoveAnimals

Aug 14, 2014
Missouri
Parrots
~
Some people have repainted cages, but I personally would not recommend it...I would pass on it [emoji51]

Use bleach and water to scrub and wipe it down then let it dry in the sun.
Ahh, okay.
I'll remember that! Thanks!

Most Reactions