OP
Z

Zumaria

Sep 30, 2013
Chicago, IL
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Jenga
Thanks guys! We are so excited.

We're going to turn her cage into a rainforest / jungle. She has a huge california cage and only uses the top half so we're going to make "levels" that she can use and foraging stations so that while I'm at work she'll have to spend a couple hours foraging for her breakfast! No more easy calories for her :p

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Way to go, Jenga!

(I'd like one of those poo-catchers for the door. And I wish I had a seed skirt on her indoor cage...)

jbail1026

Aug 6, 2012
Media
Lexington, KY
Parrots
Family bird: Yellow-Naped Amazon (George '88)
My girl: Turquoise Peachfaced lovebird (Ollie Belle, hatched 9/1/13)
WOW!!!!!!!! What a wonderful article and Jenga is already a very lucky bird! I think your starting cage (and playstand) is pretty terrific and I can't wait to see what WindyCity does for you two. It's so great that they came out to get to know you and Jenga and come up with a custom plan. Neat x 1000.

HisAngel

Feb 5, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Rosa (9) the wonderful U2 -gotcha day Mar 2, 2014
Grey IRN baby - Coming home July 2015
LUCKY! So much fun!!

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
Jenga and I won a $500 cage makeover!! OMG!!!

I live in Chicago and there is this nice little shop down the road from me called Windy City Parrot (windycityparrot.com) and I buy all Jenga's stuff there. Well, they were running a promotion for a cage make over sweepstakes and we won! They are coming out tonight to take a look at her accessories that she has now along with meeting her and getting to know her a bit - take pictures / video etc.

I can't wait! She, on the other hand, has no idea why I'm so excited. LOL

Pictures coming soon!

Lucky you!! I have to get to that store one of these days. I live in a suburb of Chicago. They're only open during the week and have no evening hours. They have a really nice website though. Congratulations.

OP
Z

Zumaria

Sep 30, 2013
Chicago, IL
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Jenga
Jenga and I won a $500 cage makeover!! OMG!!!

I live in Chicago and there is this nice little shop down the road from me called Windy City Parrot (windycityparrot.com) and I buy all Jenga's stuff there. Well, they were running a promotion for a cage make over sweepstakes and we won! They are coming out tonight to take a look at her accessories that she has now along with meeting her and getting to know her a bit - take pictures / video etc.

I can't wait! She, on the other hand, has no idea why I'm so excited. LOL

Pictures coming soon!

Lucky you!! I have to get to that store one of these days. I live in a suburb of Chicago. They're only open during the week and have no evening hours. They have a really nice website though. Congratulations.

Maria,

I know - I never really get to go to the store because I'm working when they're open but they are really great about quick shipping!

If the city is accessible to you at all, I'm thinking about having a toy making party at my house for Jenga and a few friends in the city that have large birds too - you're more than welcome to join!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, big congrats to Jenga for his newfound fame! I am so excited to see what the cage looks like, as it looks great already:)

RockysMom

Jan 21, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Rocky...Yellow Crown Amazon....

Smokey Congo Grey....

Shamrock Male Eclectus.......

Baby Female Congo Grey.....
Cookie.....Aztec Conure
WTG Congrads

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)
Your link. Isn't working.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, Jenga's cage looks awesome! I am in love with that orange board thingee:) How does Jenga like everything?

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Jasper- bare eyed cockatoo
I'd love to see. Congrats!! The links are not working for me either. :(

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
They worked for me!
The cage looks amazing! I'm going to have to get something done for my boy. I feel like it's never enough. His cage just isn't big enough. I think once we design the play gym, it will be amazing. Your cage gives me ideas :)

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Hahaha, funny story. I like the image of you whipping cableties out of a quiver. :D

We need photos of Jenga playing with his new stuff! I want to know how you get the nuts out of that silo thing on the door....

Most Reactions