URGENTT

TheofficialParakeet

Mar 22, 2022
Panama City, Florida
Parrots
Blue American Budgie - Female (Bluberry)
Blue Australian Budgie - Male (Mr. Squiggles)
Blue English Budgie - Male (Hendrix)
I came home to find my bird on the bottom of the cage. we can’t take her to the vet. she has labored breathing (could be bc i’m around, she’s not tame at all) she is like crawling with her beak. dropped wings. here is pictures of everything
IMG_5678.jpeg
IMG_5679.jpeg
IMG_5675.jpeg
IMG_5676.jpeg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm no expert at all... sometimes veterinary offices will take emergency/informational/"mercy" calls. Maybe this list will help. I'm so sorry. And your budgie is such a beauty...
Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I don’t know how she’s doing now. You could try putting her in the bathroom with a hot shower running to create some steam to see if that helps her breathing. Just try to keep her comfortable. It almost seems like she may have had a seizure or stroke? Praying your little bird gets better 🙏❤️.

OP
TheofficialParakeet

TheofficialParakeet

Mar 22, 2022
Panama City, Florida
Parrots
Blue American Budgie - Female (Bluberry)
Blue Australian Budgie - Male (Mr. Squiggles)
Blue English Budgie - Male (Hendrix)
She passed peacefully. Nobody needs to die alone. 🫶🏼 she passed right there on my shoulder wrapped in my hair. nestled up. if she wanted to nest in her death bed, then hell, go for it.
IMG_5684.jpeg

IMG_5680.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
She passed peacefully. Nobody needs to die alone. 🫶🏼 she passed right there on my shoulder wrapped in my hair. nestled up. if she wanted to nest in her death bed, then hell, go for it.
View attachment 56847

View attachment 56846
Oh @TheofficialParakeet, I'm so sorry for your loss!! Let me tell you though, as one who as lost most beloved babies when I've had to leave them at the vet clinic, i would MUCH rather have had them pass in my hands the way your precious one did. Enveloped in love, the way it should be. Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, sweet baby, until we all meet again 🙏 🌈

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I’m so sorry your little bird passed 💔. She was certainly blessed to have such a loving bird parent who made sure she felt loved in her final moments.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I don’t know how she’s doing now. You could try putting her in the bathroom with a hot shower running to create some steam to see if that helps her breathing. Just try to keep her comfortable. It almost seems like she may have had a seizure or stroke? Praying your little bird gets better 🙏❤️.

Most Reactions