Cage Setup for my new baby :)

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots
Emit - Blue Throated Macaw,

R.I.P. - Apollo - DYH Amazon
So the cage I ordered finally came in today, so I decided to set it completely up in anticipation of my baby DYH. The only thing I plan on adding would be some more toys, especially some sherdable toys. I'm so excited he/she should be coming home within the next two weeks.
What do you guys think of it? Is there anything that I'm missing or y'all would recommend on add to it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 148
OP
Soaring

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots
Emit - Blue Throated Macaw,

R.I.P. - Apollo - DYH Amazon
Oh and sorry for the lack of more pictures. I'm still trying to figure out how to add them on here lol

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
Hi Soaring, the cage looks great. Be sure the toys are positioned to allow room for your bird to flap its wings :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Great cage! :)

If I may gently recommend you remove the dowels and replace them with natural hardwood perches, as they are much easier and more gentle on birdy's feet. :)

Also, I'd remove the 2X4 leading to the grate. My own Amazons don't use the bottom portion of their cages (much), unless they disassemble a big chunk of toy that lands on the grate, THEN they'll climb down there to play with it (on rare occasions).

Here is a photo of how my cage is set up for my DYH.

greagre

Aug 8, 2014
Hi JerseyWendy, how large is your cage? Does it sit on the ground, or it has a stand or shelf? Thanks! By the way, where did you get this cage and how much was it? :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi JerseyWendy, how large is your cage? Does it sit on the ground, or it has a stand or shelf? Thanks! By the way, where did you get this cage and how much was it? :)

That particular cage is 40" wide X 30" deep. It came with my GW Macaw, but I would never put a GW in a cage that size, so my Sam occupies it.

Yes, it sits on the ground. This is where I got mine:
9004030 AE Cage Large Dome Top 40 x 30 Powder Coated - DOME TOP CAGES

My YN Amazon is in a smaller cage, this one:
9003628 AE Cage Dome Top 36 x 28 Powder Coated - DOME TOP CAGES

Most Reactions

Latest posts