Cal's first "pass the parrot" lol

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
We've just had a lovely day.

Dave's brother Chris, his wife Ceri and their two kids aged 3 and 11 months,have been to visit. Also Dave's parents. We hadn't all seen eachother over the festive season, so we had a sort of belated family day lol. Everyone got spoilt rotten with gifts!!!

Anyway, Cal is used to seeing them all but not altogether - suprisingly hard to get 3 groups together in one go!!! She has never been out of the cage because we weren't certain we could get her back in to her cage if needs be, or that she would be uncomfortable/frightened etc.

Today with her being very well mannered, well so******ed due to the shop and friends etc, we decided to see whether she wanted to come out of her own accord - she did.

Guys....I am SO proud of her. Talk about best behaviour! She was lovely to everyone and went to anyone who held out their arm. Being as she is flighted and it is therefore her choice, I was so so so SO happy for her. She had a blast!

I got some wonderful pictures - including her sitting with the children but as this is public and they are not my children, I can't post them on an open forum. It wouldn't be fair and you never know who's looking sadly :(:(:(

I have a couple with no children in them though, and I will add them to this thread tomorrow as they need resizing.

Just wanted to share my pride with the people who understand best!!! :D

Ok here are the pictures!!!!

This is my father in law Peter who is fascinated by Cal. You can see him gazing intently. He is absolutely tranfixed by the fact that her feathers change colour lol!

von1983-albums-other-members-our-family-3-picture1445-peter-my-father-law-cal.jpg

This is my brother in law Chris who adores the bird. He's never been up close with a bird before and fell more than a bit in love. He looks like Prince William when in motion - hilarious!

von1983-albums-other-members-our-family-3-picture1444-chris-my-brother-law-cal.jpg

The person she loved most was Ceri whom I can't show you, as she had one of the children with her each time. Cal would fly to Ceri instantly.

Everyone was surprised how interactive she is, and how she doesn't just fly aimlessly round the room like they expected! Parrots are not terribly common companions in the UK after all, so I think they sort of imagine pigeon behaviour lol. They were amazed at how much air she created when flying from person to person and also how much she weighs!

Our tired girl was instantly asleep at bedtime last night and has yet to rise...we're half hour over schedule here! haha!

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Cal must have been in her element, all the attention, OMG she must have felt like a queen. Wonderful that she went to who ever wanted to hold her, just shows how wonderful she is being brought up, showing so much self confidence, is happy and content.
You have every reason to be so proud of Cal, just as I am so proud of you Von, being such a wonderful and caring guardian to Cal.

Keep it up !!!!!!!!!

SharonC

May 26, 2010
That's so nice...glad you all had a lovely day!

I do understand your pride, as I felt the same about Fred at Christmas, when my whole family was together. Fred went to whoever wanted him...
I felt like saying, "That's my boy!" LOL!

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Awww thanks guys!

Sharon, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking: That's my girl!!!!!

I am going to resize some now, I was tired last night as I was on my feet all day and cooking for 6 adults and 2 kids etc....phew!

Great fun though, was so happy Cal had a blast!

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Ahh that was so nice to read! Good on you for brining up such an awesome girl! She must have loved all the attention and friendly people. :D

Most Reactions