Can any one help?

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
I take a slightly different approach to cages. I full agree with as long as one can find. But with depth, I prefer to keep the depth (width) of the cage so that it fits out the front door (without the seed catchers) and an open path from the location of the cage to the front door available at all times.

Yes, hugely important to be able to move the cage around. My cage is the absolute maximum to manoeuvre around the house and to get outside for jet washing, somedoors are chipped when ive not been precise enough in moving the cage around. Also, you need to be aware of the weight of the larger cages as moving mine outside is really a 2 person job. For interest my cage is 910x710mm and 1710mm high

Stitchthestitch, in my completely unbiased opinion, would a TAG (Timneh) fit the bill, Enzo (CAG) is quiet mostly, she's a watcher rather than a noise maker, incredibly affectionate when she wants to be and by no means hysterical (too strong a word really!) unless she is being ignored or missing out on family time so overall very very rarely.
There are of course so many options out there and I simply havent got the experience or knowledge further than budgies, cokateils or CAGs.

The cages you show btw are about the size of the cage Enzo had before her new cage, she was fine in it but much happier in the new cage, it took her a day to familiarise with the new cage and never went in her old one again after wards.

Last edited:
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
So, hubby and I had a very Frank chat last night and we decided that if we cant get an eclectus the biggest cage possible due to a lack of space in our home, then we can't get an eclectus. Our home is too small for one and I think that would be cruel to keep one in this case.

It's my own fault. Before looking at birds, I should have looked at what size cage I can accommodate in my home.

Thank you every one for your kind and honest help. I will be back with more questions no doubt, once I've done some more research into a species I do have the space to keep.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Thank you bigfelllasdad, now it's a case of telling the breeder that unfortunately I wont be able to get one of his birds at this moment in time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts