Can i get a run down o behaviour and body language please?

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
We are emergency baby sitting a gorgeous white belly caique (ive fallen in love !)

Ive never spent any time with them until now so a run down on body language , particularly aggressive behaviour would be amazing.

Dont worry she absolutely will not be near my girls , i wont risk them like that.

Shes apparently a mans bird , but she nailed mr stitch hard (said albies bites are no longer scary )and she seems to love me (well,she wont leave me alone and is happily stepping up for me and accepting head scritches, shes very pinny bless her )

I want to keep us and her safe and happy so any advice with them will be great .

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I have zero experience with this species and to be honest, I have not seen any writings regarding their behaviors.

If I was faced with a clean slate with a new species, I would start with where you are at this point. The Step-Up! As so much starts with that defining moment. But, let's back-up just a bit.

I strongly believe that Parrots reline on Contact Calls as an interaction foundations. I learned early-on that when I need to work with my Over-the-Top, Full-on Hormonal DYHA, that starting communication long before we see each other is critical!

As I enter the room, I am paying detailed attention to his stance, his feathers (are they puffed-up, smooth or does he nave he top feathers up). Are his wings to his side, or lifted away from his body. With Amazons, it all about the eyes (are they flared or normal). The goal is to define what our Amazon's state of mind is!

Starting from a clear slate is to be watchful and keep note of each time you enter the room what you Parrot is by body language telling you. You should quickly develop references as to the status of your Parrot.

Within a few days, you will have a better idea of of what matters and what is not important.

Hope this helps as a starting point.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I have zero experience with this species and to be honest, I have not seen any writings regarding their behaviors.

If I was faced with a clean slate with a new species, I would start with where you are at this point. The Step-Up! As so much starts with that defining moment. But, let's back-up just a bit.

I strongly believe that Parrots reline on Contact Calls as an interaction foundations. I learned early-on that when I need to work with my Over-the-Top, Full-on Hormonal DYHA, that starting communication long before we see each other is critical!

As I enter the room, I am paying detailed attention to his stance, his feathers (are they puffed-up, smooth or does he nave he top feathers up). Are his wings to his side, or lifted away from his body. With Amazons, it all about the eyes (are they flared or normal). The goal is to define what our Amazon's state of mind is!

Starting from a clear slate is to be watchful and keep note of each time you enter the room what you Parrot is by body language telling you. You should quickly develop references as to the status of your Parrot.

Within a few days, you will have a better idea of of what matters and what is not important.

Hope this helps as a starting point.
Thank you for your reply

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I am head over heels in love with her, so much so ,we said we would consider taking her if ever they decide to rehome her and im on the waiting list for one with Novas breeder because she was amazing!

Most Reactions

Latest posts