Cannot talk about it yet, but I need to, soon.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
I do not think I could stand to write about what happened at this point.

My beautiful baby Amazon, Bacci is gone. He died today, and it was my fault.

I don't know what else to say right now.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry for your loss:(

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Sorry to hear about your loss. When you're ready to talk about it please do, as your experience could help someone else to prevent it from happening to another bird.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I'm terribly sorry. we understand better than most what the loss of a parrot can do, they are our family. Please allow time to forgive yourself, whatever happened was a unfortunate accident. When you're ready to open up will all be here for you :(

OP
BirdyMomma

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
As with so many fatal injuries to birds, it involves dogs. I should have been more careful. I was just trying to spend more time with him.... Its complicated, and I was careless. It cost my lovely bird his life, and my heart is broken.
I am ashamed and so sad.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
So sorry to hear about that. Don't blame yourself, you're intentions were right, but an accident happened. It's not your fault, it's not even the dogs fault, as he/she is an innocent animal acting on his instincts. Bad things sometimes happen. At least your beautiful bird is not suffering right now. And remember, it only happened once, not hundreds of times like our minds replay it over and over.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Oh! You poor thing! Please don't blame yourself! There is no way anyone here would intentionally do a single thing to harm a bird. I'm terribly sorry this awful accident happened to you and so very very sorry Bacci is gone. I would encourage you to know that Bacci understood you wanted to keep him safe. Misfortune just strikes and we can never tell when or where.

Rest in Peace, Bacci: you will always be loved and remembered.

pole

Oct 18, 2013
So sorry for your loss. I know how u feel I lost a young bird just a few weeks ago

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I'm so sorry, I can understand why you'd feel responsibility, but you did not deliberately put him in harm's way, it was an accident. Hindsight is always 50/50, misunderstanding a risk is understandable. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Klaery

Jul 8, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Elroy - Hahns macaw, Ponyo - Sun conure
I a so sorry to read this B.M. I know us saying it won't help a great deal but try not to blame yourself. We all have, and will continue to make mistakes. You had the best intentions at heart and an accident happened. Keep reminding yourself that it was an accident.

All the best.

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Your intentions were well, do not blame yourself, this is not your fault. I'm very very sorry for your loss, were all here when your ready to talk, no one will understand your loss like we will. Take care in the meantime <3

kendrafitz

Jul 14, 2012
Central NJ
Parrots
Rosie the Green Winged Macaw
I am so sorry for you loss. Please don't beat yourself up. Whatever happened, you did not mean for anything bad to happen. You loved your baby and would never purposely do anything harmful.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I'm sorry for your loss. Many of us have been there with some 'fault' in our birds passing, it's awful and it will take a long time to heal but when you're ready we are here to listen and help you through it.

I am still grieving for my beloved Budgie... 4 years ago, I blame myself but forgiveness is not easy when you love them so much. It is a hard lesson learnt but I'm sure you'll never do "it" again.

It only hurts so much because you loved them so. I'm sure your baby knew that.

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
This must be so terrible for you. I am so sorry for the pain you are in. You know it wasn't your intentions, I hope you can forgive yourself and learn from as well as teach, from this experience. We all are reckless sometimes, without the intention.
Again, I am soo sorry.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
BirdyMomma please accept my condolences on the loss of your bird. Don't be so hard on yourself, it certainly wasn't intentional, and please do not take it out on the dog or be angry with it, it was acting within it's nature, and forgiveness is a wonderful thing. The best thing to do is mourn your loss, and learn from this 'mistake,' and know that you are in many of our thoughts. You will be ok, it will just take some time. Feel better.

Squirt

Oct 13, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Sun Conure (f) Tallulah
I am so sorry for your loss. Please be easy on yourself. Accidents happen. Lots of love being sent your way.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
How sad, I am so sorry....:(
It can happen to any of us, don't torture yourself.
We all have dogs, cats, fans in the ceilings, stoves in the kitchen, doors that left open, etc......
I think the ones who didn't have something like this happen to them are very lucky.
Take time to heal.... I feel your pain.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I am so sorry! And yes, most of us have other pets in our household too. No words can truly comfort what you are feeling and i'm sorry about that, but please know that not only do none of us 'blame' you but we probably all feel a certain amount of fear by being confronted with the sad reality of what could happen to any of us.
Hugs

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Babies are fragile. That's why I don't want any part of hand feeding anymore...

At times it seems like it is easier to kill them, than keep them alive.

Sorry for your loss.

Don't beat yourself up over it.

No good can come of it.:green:

Most Reactions

Latest posts