<<<<<safari died>>>>

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I JUST GOT THE CALL, MY BELOVED AMAZINGLY FUNNY SAFARI DIED LAST NIGHT....that is all I have to say at the moment.:(:(:confused::confused::mad::mad::mad:

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I spoke with them again, I have requested an necropsy, and to send away tissue samples.

they seem to think more was going on with Safari than just the metal in his stomach

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Oh, I am so terribly sorry. I just got done reading your original post and then saw this. I just so sorry for you. I know how well you take care of your birds and I just can't believe that this has happened. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh crimson I am so so so so sorry! Ok get rid of all toys burn them! Oh why do they make toys that kill! :mad: what do they make the bells for??? :mad::confused::( it might save a nother birds life! Everyone's like get the bells out!! I did and Lilo loves the clapper part! :( if she swallowed that fwew I would die of sadness so safari showed us how dangerous but I, sorry he passed away! :(

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Beth, I'm utterly speechless and thoroughly heartbroken with you. :(

Many many hugs!!! Please hang in there!!!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Sorry for your loss. I know how bad it hurts to lose a bonded bird you loved.

FreddyCheeks

May 8, 2013
Media
NJ
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure-Fred-Hatch date 3/5/13 --- Bourke parakeet- Pinky - home date 11/27/17---CAG-Chicken Lily-home date 12/1/17
OMG. I am so sorry for your loss. I really thought this was going to end with a happy ending. My heart is so heavy for you.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Horrible, just horrible. I'm so sorry to hear this.

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
oh no..I saw this and my heart sank for you. Much love and lots of hugs for you during this time.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Oh no!! :( :( I am so sorry for your loss....so so sorry :(

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Oh Beth, I am so so sorry to hear Safari died. I've been away a few days and had no idea what was going on. I can only imagine how you must feel. Such a terrible loss. Sending you many many hugs.

We are all here for you if you need or want to talk about it. I wish I could be there in person to give you a big hug. Hang in there.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Sorry, Beth! It's not fair! We all hoped Safari would pull through and come home to you. Lots of hugs to you and may little Safari rest in peace.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
Oh NO!!!!!
I so hoped he is better after your post yesterday that he was sitting on a perch................:11:
This is so sad......
My heart hurts for you and your loss.
Stay strong.........

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
My heart breaks for you. The other night I was cuddling my senegals and thinking of you and your poor baby. I willed so much for him to pull through this. I'm so so sorry sweet. Wish I could give you a big hug with all you've been through recently. Please keep us updated on his results.

I'm so sorry. :(

For all of you worried about bird bells and such, consider investing in this type of bird bell. It's 'encased' so you still get the noise, but the bird can't get to the clapper part.
p-72235-52853-bird-toy.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh no, I am so so sorry for your loss:( I removed all the bells from my cages yesterday after reading your first thread, so thank you for sharing your experience in the midst of your heartbreak.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
thank you each and everyone of you for your kind words and thoughts.

Right now I can't even go into the bedroom and look at Safaris' empty cage, but I guess I'm going to have to sometime today.

this really hurts....if I had known I wasn't going to see my Saffie anymore, I would have said my goodbyes yesterday.

god I only had him for 11 months, and he was just 1.5 years old. For a Senegal, he was just the sweetest, he never bit me ever, and training was coming along nicely, even though he was temperamental and stubborn.
2 days ago he was flying around the bedroom like crazy along side Kahlua....I guess you just never know....

I hate toys, Num Num was lucky, I was lucky....such a cruel lesson....why do things always happen to the good birds???

the last funny memory I have of Safari, was him swinging on his polly perch swing....how ironic, that exact swing was the one that caused Num Num to break his beak....
Safari would from side to side on it, not back and forth like every other bird, nope he would swing and sway, copying the squeaking noise it made, I wanted to get a video of it, but got busy with other things, that is one regret I'll have forever.

R.I.P. my sweet Safari
I miss you terribly

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
thank you each and everyone of you for your kind words and thoughts.

Right now I can't even go into the bedroom and look at Safaris' empty cage, but I guess I'm going to have to sometime today.

this really hurts....if I had known I wasn't going to see my Saffie anymore, I would have said my goodbyes yesterday.

god I only had him for 11 months, and he was just 1.5 years old. For a Senegal, he was just the sweetest, he never bit me ever, and training was coming along nicely, even though he was temperamental and stubborn.
2 days ago he was flying around the bedroom like crazy along side Kahlua....I guess you just never know....

I hate toys, Num Num was lucky, I was lucky....such a cruel lesson....why do things always happen to the good birds???

the last funny memory I have of Safari, was him swinging on his polly perch swing....how ironic, that exact swing was the one that caused Num Num to break his beak....
Safari would from side to side on it, not back and forth like every other bird, nope he would swing and sway, copying the squeaking noise it made, I wanted to get a video of it, but got busy with other things, that is one regret I'll have forever.

R.I.P. my sweet Safari
I miss you terribly

Something I learned with the passing of my Wonsy woo - snap and video every moment that makes your heart swell, because you'll hate it when the day comes and you can't take any more... I have maybe... 10 photos of my girl in total and I hate it...

I'm so sorry for your loss, there really is nothing more I can say to help you heal but we're all here for if you want to talk about him. Gone far too soon... a sennie that doesn't bite? God wanted him back! :)

I'm sorry... :(

Most Reactions