Cant feed my budgies egg food

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
So my 2 budgies woudnt eat any fruits after a few try's they cant do without. How ever i need to feed them egg food but they just wont get near it i tried to hide it with some seeds/pellets they just wont eat it really need tips here guys

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Not sure what kind of egg food you mean. Real eggs? Or that powdered egg and biscuit mix? Or...?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh right:) I guess it’s like everything else, if they’ve not had it before they may not recognise it as food so will be wary of it. Others far more expert than me will probably weigh in here, but breeders do use a powdered egg & biscuit mix during nesting for extra protein. I suppose if you got some of that you could sprinkle a tiny bit over their food if you’re concerned about their protein intake. As I’ve never used it this may be a stupid idea so if I were you I’d wait for a more experienced person’s advice about this one :)

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO
Let them watch you eat it and enjoy it. It works more times than not.
Make sure the eggs are thoroughly cooked doesn't matter how, boiled and scrambled are the favorites here.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Do NOT apologise for your English! It and you are both beautiful:)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Why do you need them to eat egg? I don't feed mine egg.....tho I guess I could offer it to them..boiled egg shells they might pick st if they need the calcium but they can get calcium from veggies. I'm Willing to be educated about the value of eggs for budgies? I do offer to my other birds and they eat it up ;)

Most Reactions