Can't get my baby gcc to eat her veggies.

Mariellek

Apr 30, 2016
Sorry if this seems repetitive, I know there is a lot of topics on similar problems to this, but I am in kind of stuck with this and need some advice. My young gcc is on a diet of pellets and some seeds(although she prefers the seeds) and is a pretty good eater. But I can't seem to get her to eat enough fruits, veggies, and grains. I tried eating it in front of her and making a big fuss about it. She responded to this by enthusiastically pretending to eat the food (by this I mean she picked it up and threw it all around the room instead of actually eating it). Although this is cute, it's not getting her the nutrition she needs. I am starting to get frustrated and I'm not sure what else I should try. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks! :(

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I've had good luck with really crunchy veggies (carrots, peppers), and leafy greens, and less luck with mushy or cooked ones. She likes if I make it a game for her and hang them from the top of her cage.

To get her to eat others (sweet potato etc) I have to get freeze dried from Golden Feast. otherwise she will not touch it. has to be nice and crunchy for my princess XD

hope this helps.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
My birds wont touch their veggies with a nine foot pole! Haha but what I did was I got a juicer and mixed fruited and veggies into a juice and now they taste the fruits but are still getting veggies. :)

Most Reactions