Cant take the begging

OP
W

Wikidnik

Oct 18, 2017
Oh, and he said with our warm weather he doesn't need a brooder just needs to be in a warmer area with no breeze. And he is roughly 8 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
That's good to know! Like I said from the pics he looks much younger but the poor feather condition could confuse things since I can't see him in person.

Lord Triggs, it was taken at Pali Lookout in Hawaii. I love taking my birds hiking, shopping, to the beach, and on walks with the dog. I love the flightsuits for my cockatiels and GCCs, and some of my Ringnecks, but I prefer the aviator for any flighted bird. Glorie (cockatiel) isn't one to try to get out of a harness, but Nohea (IRN) is. Nohea can get out of her flightsuits so I only use them for poop control on long outings OVER an aviator for her. Kaleo (IRN) wasn't raised by me and thinks that flightsuits will eat her so it's aviators only for her as well. It all depends on the bird but in the end the FLIGHTSUITS ARE NOT ESCAPE PROOF; AVIATORS ARE.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
that's good to hear!

Yes he may well do the begging in future for attention as currently that's exactly what begging gets him. As long as he's happy and healthy it's all the truly matters really

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
thanks Sage, I'm hoping to hanress train in the future I just hate that headloop although I know it's necessary. If it wasn't for all the stories of them failing I would prefer to get a harness with clips but it's a risk I'd rather not take

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Yeah those clips are horrid and sooooo dangerous! The headloop is not a problem if the bird is introduced to the harness early enough, but you have already heard my "why don't all breeders harness train" rant a few times ;)

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Yeah those clips are horrid and sooooo dangerous! The headloop is not a problem if the bird is introduced to the harness early enough, but you have already heard my "why don't all breeders harness train" rant a few times ;)

Yes I plan on speaking to a potential breeder and asking if he can harness train mine for some extra money and to foot the cost of the harness too. It might get him into the idea of it

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I hope that works out, it really only takes a few seconds of extra work per day for the breeder. I start mine when feathers start to open.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
I hope that works out, it really only takes a few seconds of extra work per day for the breeder. I start mine when feathers start to open.

yeah exactly. Isn't it just a case of putting the harness on whenever feeding them? Not exactly a hard thing to do for a breeder and they could easily get more money out of it ending in a literal win win situation

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I don't do it during feedings because that would get messy, I do it during play time. Some breeders don't take the babies out except to feed them but those are the breeders you want to avoid anyway.

Theone

Mar 1, 2017
India
Parrots
Indian ring necks
What a lovely bird, I am glad he is doing great and you are taking really good care of him. I wished I could have a blue IRN like yours :D

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
What a lovely bird, I am glad he is doing great and you are taking really good care of him. I wished I could have a blue IRN like yours :D

Actually her lovely buddy is a Violet turquoise :)

Most Reactions