Celltei Shoulder Bag (Birdie Pouch) - Anyone have one?

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
So, we have the regular Pak-O mini (in medium size) for Kirby, but when we are driving I often notice him having to lean forward to brace himself on the sides of the carrier to balance. I am thinking about adding a rope perch or something to the inside so he can grab that instead, but that means I donā€™t have anywhere to put his food and water bowls.

I noticed that the over-the-shoulder ā€œBirdie Pouchā€ Celltei puts out already has a secondary top perch for them to grab. Anyone have one? How well does it actually work on the shoulder? Itā€™s pretty expensive so I donā€™t want to get it if itā€™s hard to fit or doesnā€™t work great, but it would be nice for our little fella to have an ā€œoh crap!ā€ bar to grab onto, lol.

StormyPica

2x Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
So, we have the regular Pak-O mini (in medium size) for Kirby, but when we are driving I often notice him having to lean forward to brace himself on the sides of the carrier to balance. I am thinking about adding a rope perch or something to the inside so he can grab that instead, but that means I donā€™t have anywhere to put his food and water bowls.

I noticed that the over-the-shoulder ā€œBirdie Pouchā€ Celltei puts out already has a secondary top perch for them to grab. Anyone have one? How well does it actually work on the shoulder? Itā€™s pretty expensive so I donā€™t want to get it if itā€™s hard to fit or doesnā€™t work great, but it would be nice for our little fella to have an ā€œoh crap!ā€ bar to grab onto, lol.
Off topic, but I just noticed how weird some of their titles were.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
Does your Pak-O-Bird have little loops at the top back of the inside? I walked with Opie last week and he just sits in the food or water bowl so he can balance, so i was thinking about trying to attach a rope perch or small boing unrolled from those two loops, to go in a u shape around the front of that makes sense.

I originally got the Pak-O-Bird as recommended for cotton because ARN tails are so long, but he fell a few times at stoplights :( so I ended up getting a little travel cage for him instead.

I've never seen that carrier- that looks awesome, Opie would LOVE to be facing forward!

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Does your Pak-O-Bird have little loops at the top back of the inside? I walked with Opie last week and he just sits in the food or water bowl so he can balance, so i was thinking about trying to attach a rope perch or small boing unrolled from those two loops, to go in a u shape around the front of that makes sense.

I originally got the Pak-O-Bird as recommended for cotton because ARN tails are so long, but he fell a few times at stoplights :( so I ended up getting a little travel cage for him instead.

I've never seen that carrier- that looks awesome, Opie would LOVE to be facing forward!
Ohhh, yeah, it has metal toy attachments at the top. Wouldnā€™t the perch be kind of unsturdy though? I donā€™t usually put Kirbyā€™s food and water in his Pak O for that exact dang reason! He just sits on the bowls and itā€™s terrible for his feet. But Iā€™m hoping if I can find an alternative grabby bar he wonā€™t want to do that lol.

Kirby has fallen over from me having to brake fast or even just uneven pavement when Iā€™m walking, which is so stressful to me! Iā€™m not sure how much it bothers him but I find myself checking his position every few minutes and anxious about it.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
Cotton has balanced best on a free-hanging boing that can just swing when the carrier stops. I'm going to have to experiment with Opie and report back!

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Cotton has balanced best on a free-hanging boing that can just swing when the carrier stops. I'm going to have to experiment with Opie and report back!
Oh, let me know how it goes!! Youā€™re my hero, seriously. My partner will kill me if I buy another $200 bird bag, LOL.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Not a fan of bird tricks YT channel but they have introduced their own slant on the pak o bird carrier.
It solves some of the issues I have had with my pak o bird.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Not a fan of bird tricks YT channel but they have introduced their own slant on the pak o bird carrier.
It solves some of the issues I have had with my pak o bird.

Oh, I see it! Hmm, how does it address the falling issue? The photos on their website are pretty terrible for working out how the interior looks. I mean, their CAG looks great in it, but I wanna see the nuts and bolts lol!

In the meantime Iā€™m going to take a cue from Cotton and see if I canā€™t rig something for him to hold onto on the toy ringsā€¦

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I only saw the video of Bird Tricks carrier once (like I said, not a fan of theirs).
The problem it looks like it solves is the center of weight.
If you try to put water in the pak o bird it's going to spill as soon as you pick it up.
I think trying to modify the pak o bird you have is probably easer and cheaper than buying a brand new carrier.

For me, I have more birds than I have carriers so I would buy a second something instead of trying to modify what I got.

I have been thinking about getting a Plexiglas type of backpack for use in the winter.
The pak o bird is a bit drafty when the weather is near freezing.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
I only saw the video of Bird Tricks carrier once (like I said, not a fan of theirs).
The problem it looks like it solves is the center of weight.
If you try to put water in the pak o bird it's going to spill as soon as you pick it up.
I think trying to modify the pak o bird you have is probably easer and cheaper than buying a brand new carrier.

For me, I have more birds than I have carriers so I would buy a second something instead of trying to modify what I got.

I have been thinking about getting a Plexiglas type of backpack for use in the winter.
The pak o bird is a bit drafty when the weather is near freezing.

Yeah, I am thinking the same thing! The Plexi ones stay pretty warm on the inside even when itā€™s 50-60 degrees & sunny; warm enough that I want to be outside and donā€™t want a jacket, but still too cold for Kirby. Plus, those are much MUCH cheaper - about $50 on Amazon or similar.

And yeah, I am going to have to just modify what I have; I tried to sell my partner on the shoulder bag but it looks like I may be replacing my busted up phone next month, so itā€™s not in the cards for me LOL. A plexi bag might be ok though! I am so frustrated that we have had a few hours here and there of sun, but itā€™s still 55-60 with a breeze so I canā€™t take him out in the Pak-O because the wind goes right through it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts