Charlie & Sweetpea Pictures

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Hey everyone,

Some of you might remember back in late August when I rescued 2 cockatiels from some horrible conditions.

Well, they've sure come a LONG ways! Supposedly they are both 3 years old and although still timid being handled they are both slowly coming around.

I named the male Charlie, and what a talker! He's saying Hello Charlie, whatcha' doing, him a good boy, pretty bird, he wolf whistles and whistles his version, which is pretty close to mine...of the song, If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...and for the "clap" he clucks. Oh, he also says Chicken Little, which is our other male tiels name (who also talks as much, all the same phrases.)

The female I named Sweetpea and oh she really is sooo sweet. Super shy, very timid, extremely quiet, but coming along good! Just a couple weeks ago, she came out of her cage by her self, it was soo funny too...because when she came out, she looked around, then walked back inside...she did this like 10 or 15 times, to make SURE if she got scared, she'd make it back to her safe spot. Now she's all over the place. :D

Love them both to pieces.

Anyway, here's a few pictures. Charlie LOVES to show off how handsome he is, and Sweetpea is just hanging out in her comfy spot on the door of their smaller cage.

Take care,

Toni

Last edited:

Most Reactions