Check out some of what I have drawn, painted, and some coloring pages I have filled in!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Does the music box make nice music?

Did you trim Cricket's talons yourself? My budgies (the ones that come out and land on us a lot) tend to get overgrown nails snagged in our clothing and then struggle trying to get their feet loose so they have to be trimmed at the vet. Even though I can easily handle them to do it myself, it requires two people (holder and trimmer) and I worry about trimming too close and hurting them.

Some people are like multi-layered Onions than others are one dimensional- I prefer the Onions, myself.
Yeah! Itā€™s pretty nice!

Yup! And holy cow it was easy. I could see the quick and it was so easy. It wasnā€™t as easy as Rico though, since she understandably kicks more than Rico does. But it went quicker than Ice and Teaā€™s talons used to.

Onions are like people: they are both scrumptious according to this guy
|
|
v
IMG_2682.png

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yeah! Itā€™s pretty nice!

Yup! And holy cow it was easy. I could see the quick and it was so easy. It wasnā€™t as easy as Rico though, since she understandably kicks more than Rico does. But it went quicker than Ice and Teaā€™s talons used to.

Onions are like people: they are both scrumptious according to this guy
|
|
v
View attachment 53764
So, did you hold Cricket in a towel when you trimmed her nails? Did you use a human type clipper? Do you file the edges? Did she get pissed at you? I ask because I need to trim Beau's nails and I don't want to have to take him to the vet to do it. I can easily hold him still while I do it and he has pale pink feet so I can see the quick easily vs Rocky who has deep blue feet.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So, did you hold Cricket in a towel when you trimmed her nails? Did you use a human type clipper? Do you file the edges? Did she get pissed at you? I ask because I need to trim Beau's nails and I don't want to have to take him to the vet to do it. I can easily hold him still while I do it and he has pale pink feet so I can see the quick easily vs Rocky who has deep blue feet.
I wonder, do budgies have ticklish feet?

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I just used a shirt since I couldnā€™t find a towel, but it works the same.

I use bird nail clippers, as they are much easier than regular clippers, as you have more pressure control and precision.

I didnā€™t use a file, but if I do a weird angle on Ricoā€™s talons and Iā€™m unsure about the quick, Iā€™ll sand it with a file slightly and let him go and give him a treat.

Yes, she was pretty mad about it. She was mad for a few days, but sheā€™s coming back around. First bird whoā€™s held a grudge, tbh.

Iā€™ve never gone to a vet for a trim since itā€™s not necessary in my case, and we donā€™t want to be charged 50$ for a trim, or run the risk of my birds getting injured at one vet clinic nearby with a reputation of animal abuse *cough**couch*

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Just a little WIP šŸ‘€
IMG_5861.jpeg

What am I drawing? Who am I drawing? No one knows! Is it from L4D? Uhā€¦ā€¦ perhapsā€¦ definitely. Definitely from L4D.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Hereā€™s the stinkeroni before I color him in.
IMG_5862.jpeg

Heā€™s the 2nd best Special Infected in L4D! He may not be the stinky boyo that has been featured on this thread, several times (cough cough, Hunter cough cough), but heā€™s very much a stinkeroni indeed.

IMG_5260.jpeg

Ref image, in case youā€™re wondering.

(L4D2 Smoker)

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
IMG_5866.jpeg

It took 1.5 hours to complete, but, here is our very smoky, very stinky, very tonguey, and very mutated smokah. Poor guy.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
You know rico_tiel you are drawing beautiful birds that I'd pay money for a print of some.... and alien zombie people.....there are people you can talk to....Just saying.

Draw the budgie... I love the cricket ones..Just not the budgie with tenticles....

(he's totally gonna draw cricket with tenticles isn't he....)

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
You know rico_tiel you are drawing beautiful birds that I'd pay money for a print of some.... and alien zombie people.....there are people you can talk to....Just saying.

Draw the budgie... I love the cricket ones..Just not the budgie with tenticles....

Thank you!!! And alsoā€¦ AcKsHuAlLy ThEy ArEnT zOmBiEs ThEyRe iNfEcTeD! tHeY bAsIcAlLy HaVe RaBiEs!!!111!1!!!1!

Mentally sick, but the markers are thick šŸ’…

Oh you sweet summer child, you just gave me an idea šŸ„°šŸ’…
-NIGHTMARE BUDGIE-

(Also, itā€™s *she ;) )

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie

IMG_6122.jpeg
Its happening :)

TONGUE BUDGOE

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Rico_tiel I hate you.

I knew you'd do it, I called it.

Post more cricket instead....I have to erase this image from my mind.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
IMG_6126.jpeg
IMG_6127.jpeg

Sheā€™s done! Thoughts?

Edit: Credit to clark_conure for the idea. They said ā€œdonā€™t draw a tentacle budgieā€, which was really saying ā€œdo it.ā€. So, I did it šŸ„°

Also, they arenā€™t tentacles, theyā€™re tongues. And her name is Tonguer.

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Budgies are not cthulhu monsters!!!!!!!!! This is an abomination to all budgie kind....you are a blasphemer! AND NO RED EYES!

Why do you encourage her.....DonnaBudgie...(calling you out on this....) no red eyes.

Also Vampire_conure...the same.

BLASPHEMY!!!! Budgies are sweet birds that just live in the moment. Are not evil demons!

Most Reactions