Check out video comparing my new flightsuit sizes. Tiel "fashion show"? haha

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Check out video comparing my new flightsuit sizes. Tiel "fashion show"? haha

Not sure if you recall my recent post about the new flightsuit I ordered to replace my old worn out suit... but I buy all my flightsuits from Avian Fashions (they are super nice and the owner goes above and beyond to make you happy!).

They changed the sizing of their flightsuits so the new flightsuit I got was way too BIG/baggy. Normally my tiel always wore size MEDIUM but now since they made their sizing bigger the size SMALL fits best. They sent me a size SMALL and an altered size SMALL to make it narrower than the regular size SMALL.

The regular size SMALL (rainbow colored suit) is the best one? It certainly fits much better than his old suit :D and the HUGE really baggy suit I returned to them where the shoulder straps were literally falling off!

[ame="https://youtu.be/ysuJGpTBHQc"]Cockatiels trying out various flightsuits to determine which size fits best.... - YouTube[/ame]

This is the HUGE flightuit I had to send back... it was so baggy he kept getting his feet stuck and the shoulder straps were far too loose, not safe for outdoor use... it was so baggy the suit was irritating him:

[ame="https://youtu.be/njaZm41zATM"]Is this flightsuit too large on him??? - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Re: Check out video comparing my new flightsuit sizes. Tiel "fashion show"? haha

Thanks for this! I'm
About to make an order and I didn't know they had changed their sizes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Re: Check out video comparing my new flightsuit sizes. Tiel "fashion show"? haha

Another great vid!

Thanks! ;) My subscribers have DOUBLED! Now I'm unstoppable! :D LOL

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots

Thanks for this! I'm

Are you ordering it for a tiel? If so, they definitely changed their sizes... bothh my tiels used to wear size MEDIUM so that's what I ordered from them recently to replace my worn out one. I was very surprised when I received it! LOL it was HUGE on my tiels... that's when I realized they had changed the sizing. Now their size SMALL fits best and ironically I now have a suit that fits even better than their OLD flightsuit! :)

... so their new size SMALL is actually better than their OLD size medium and their NEW size medium... this might not be the case for your birdie but it was for mine.

The owner of Avian Fashions is so nice they sent me a sample altered suit to test out... but in the end the winner is the rainbow colored suit... do you guys think so too??? The zebra suit fits but the rainbow suit fits also and is a little looser but still not baggy... so that is the winner?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots

Who here likes my tropical backkground in the vidoe? :) That is a tropical shower curtain I hung on the wall LOL

I have to wash it to get rid of the wrinkles in it but I'm OBSESSED with the beautiful tropical print on. I WISH I was there in that paradise! =(

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F

Thanks for this! I'm

Are you ordering it for a tiel? If so, they definitely changed their sizes... bothh my tiels used to wear size MEDIUM so that's what I ordered from them recently to replace my worn out one. I was very surprised when I received it! LOL it was HUGE on my tiels... that's when I realized they had changed the sizing. Now their size SMALL fits best and ironically I now have a suit that fits even better than their OLD flightsuit! :)

... so their new size SMALL is actually better than their OLD size medium and their NEW size medium... this might not be the case for your birdie but it was for mine.

The owner of Avian Fashions is so nice they sent me a sample altered suit to test out... but in the end the winner is the rainbow colored suit... do you guys think so too??? The zebra suit fits but the rainbow suit fits also and is a little looser but still not baggy... so that is the winner?

Thanks!

No I'll be ordering for Ringnecks, I still have tons for my tiels since I ordered a bunch on clearance a couple of years ago :)

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots

Thanks for this! I'm

Thanks!

No I'll be ordering for Ringnecks, I still have tons for my tiels since I ordered a bunch on clearance a couple of years ago :)

So cool! You have Ringnecks? They are such interesting birds... love them! :) I would double check with them because, who knows, they might have ONLY changed the sizing for tiels or whatnot.

I can't wait to buy this Island Splash (velour) flightsuit: Island Splash Velour FlightSuit | Avian Fashions ... I'm obsessed with bright colors and that is bright! LOL

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)

Dani I was considering ordering for my IRN's too...maybe I'll let you try first :p
Haha tropical that background is priceless....very fitting :D I quite like the zebra stripes!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots

Lol well considering I'm writing this from a hospital bed as they decide whether or not to do an emergency C-section, you might not want to wait on me if you are in any sort of hurry; I'm sort of distracted

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Thanks for the vid Juliet :) I like the rainbow suit...just might order one for BB.

Jim

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots

Thanks for the vid Juliet :) I like the rainbow suit...just might order one for BB.

Jim

Cool! I also like the rainbow suit :) I like the fit of the rainbow suit the best which is their regular small. The zebra suit is also a small but they altered it to make it more narrow and a tighter fit than their regular small just so I could test it out on Rascal. They know 'Nut is a slightly bigger tiel than Rascal so the zebra suit is way too small for 'Nut.

... but their regular small size will work for my tiels and I'm going to buy their super colorful velour suit today: Velour FlightSuits? - Avian Fashions

I also cut the diaper part off one of the suits and then use it as a harness without the diaper. It is MUCH easier to put the flightsuit on then so I used to use this altered suit with the diaper part cut off so it was more like a vest LOL) when I first started getting Rascal used to having the suit put on him. The suit might get too baggy when you cut the diaper off but it's super easy to sew it together a little on the sides to make it fit better and then cut off the excess.

I will make youtube video to show what I mean :D

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us

dumb question. Do these guys ship internationally? It would be nice to get a flight suit for any feathered companions in the future

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots

Most Reactions

Latest posts