Checking in with Jack...3 years later.

lizard

Dec 2, 2014
Emmaus, PA
Parrots
Jack, SI Eclectus
Apollo, Golden Conure
Hi everyone. I was recently reminded of this forum and it's hard to believe I just ghosted for a few years because it's such a great community. I thought I'd check in and say hello and share that Jack is 4 years old now and he is like my soul mate. He follows me everywhere and always greets me excitedly every morning and when returning home from work. I keep his cage open so he can move around where he pleases which is good for him to be able to access his tree and swing, but bad for me when he accesses the kitchen table and its contents. We also fight over the bathroom in the mornings--which looks like me shutting the door on him when I hear him running down the hallway and him arriving at the door and knocking with his beak. I've been attempting to teach him to sing "Blackhole Sun," but he'll only hold one long note while I sing which is cute. He's learned on his own to yell out the dogs', and husband's names which is not so cute. I've gotten lazy with food (still fresh, but big batches doled out into small portions daily) and reading food threads here makes me want to sprout again. Jack has a friend Apollo who is 2 years old and annoys the crap out of Jack when they are together. Apollo and I have a different relationship than Jack and I because they are very different birds.

Anyway, who wants pics?
Jack helping with hair before work.

Jack helping with grad school.

Myself and Polly-O last summer. Can't wait for consistently warmer weather.
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
They are beautiful and look to be thriving :). Pictures always make my day!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
You’ve certainly not been forgotten Liz, welcome back! Jack is looking as magnificent as ever :)

Please don’t be a stranger!

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Hi Liz, great to meet you (I wandered in some time last year), your birds look smashing!

(the hair pict made me laugh out loud, Sunny actually pulls my hair out with the roots, so I am quite jealous of your gentle assistent)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Liz! It's been way too long. Funny, you and Jack crossed my mind not even a week ago. I was wondering where you'd disappeared to. So good to see you both, again! And what a beautiful addition to your flock Apollo is! Stunning!

Keep those pics coming! You've been missed.

OP
lizard

lizard

Dec 2, 2014
Emmaus, PA
Parrots
Jack, SI Eclectus
Apollo, Golden Conure
:):):)

So good to hear from you all. Can't wait to catch up with everyone. I have time again to have fun bookmarks on my browser since graduating with my master's and starting a new career. In other big news, I installed vinyl plank flooring throughout the house making the bird-room clean up SO EASY compared to the old carpet.

I apologize for posting the predator pic. I'd like to read the thread when that was agreed upon :p :44:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Ask, and ye shall receive. Here is the thread where the new rule was formalized: http://www.parrotforums.com/questions-answers/79147-addendum-forum-rules.html

Congratulations on graduating with your master's! That's HUGE! And congrats again on your new career! Sounds like life is pretty exciting for you at the moment! Couldn't be happier for you, Liz!

And yes, vinyl beats carpet for clean up by a mile! Nice!

Most Reactions