ChiChi accidentally fell in love with styrofoam!

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
I get fountain drinks from the gas station and reuse the cup all day for I've water. I had it on the counter after I rinsed it out and chichi was with me. he climbed down to the sink as I was doing dishes as he always does. Not thinking...he was causing chaos on the counter...as usual...but he chewed my cup to pieces! There was lil beak size chunks EVERYWHERE!! I don't think he invested any and I know now to not be so careless.

He doesn't chew many toys...there's tons in his cage, wood, chewable perches, Yucca kebabs, Basket weaved type toys (can't remember what it's made of) and lil cardboard boxes stuffed with treats and crinkle paper.

He might get the treats out of them once in a while but doesn't chew them for the most part.

What is available that is safe and the same type/consistency/shreddable as styrofoam cups?!

He obviously can't have them but now he's trying to get to them when I'm drinking from them lol. Who can blame him?? They are obviously loads of fun!

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
Balsa wood is similar in that it is light and porous and crumbles nicely. It's Scooter's favorite chew substance.

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
Ohhhhh!! I've never heard of it. Crazy, hm?? Added it to my shopping list!

Most Reactions

Latest posts