Chicka Update

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
It's really interesting how having another parrot in the house can change the dynamics so much. Chicka has been here for just over 3 weeks, when she arrived Shadow was definately my bird and wouldn't go to anyone else in the house. Chicka on the other hand immediately went to my husband, was ok with me but a little nippy and hated my son.... my daughter is scared of her so she doesn't count LOL.

Now Shadow loves everyone, esp my son. She had become really animated and sociable. Chicka on the other hand has become my bird. She's gone from regularly nipping me to following me everywhere, only coming out of her cage for me & allowing me to remove old sheaths from her crest and other feathers (she is starting to look very pretty). She will "run" away or bury her face into my armpit (very brave haha) when my husband comes near her.

I've also noticed now nervous she gets when there is a lot of noise & excitement in the house - I wish I new more of her past. Hopefully over the next few months the nerves will settle more and realise she is safe here. :white1:

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I'm so glad she's doing well. It sounds like she's helped Shadow as well.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Chicka sure is settling down wonderfully. :white1:
Everyone sounds happy except your daughter, all in good time !!!!!!
Shadow has got to impress Chicka, fun and games begin now.
Thanks for updating us

Most Reactions