Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I'm allowed to panic and stress. I am good at outwardly hiding it but I think you missed when I said "I'm not even home" "my brother is taking care of him" and how I was seeing it last night, was it possibly WAS end of the world for him.

Honestly, how would you feel if you fed your bird something you thought was okay only to find it in the big "NO" list while you're thousand miles away? it's not "oh Timmy just ate some dirt he will be fine" this was "possible blood cell rupture" to an already very sensitive bird who isn't at 100% to begin with.

I'm not MAD at anyone I'm just, hurt? Imo the way to get someone to calm down isn't "you're overreacting chill out" more educating them on the situation so they KNOW it's okay and not just some person telling them "w/e it's fine"

Terry did this wonderfully imo. They addressed the situation and talk to me calmly and respectfully about possibilities and what to look for and the like. We continued discussion in PM and I was good by the time my parents and I got back to our hotel. My brother had clear directions as to what to look for and what to feed him until this is figured out and I was/am going to call the vet. Done is done.

Last edited:

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Owlet, I've followed Lincoln's story - you're an awesome parront who's been through a lot with your little guy. I think those of us who follow your guys' story knows how sensitive Lincoln is (ekkie or not).

I might be misreading, but I think everyone here supports you in their own funny way (it's always hard to read tone on text). From those who want to help you not stress while you're away from Lincoln, to those who want to help you sift through the research.

I know especially with ekkies, they're a unique bunch, aren't they? Already less than a month with Cairo, and we're sorting out his toe-tapping problems and his yeast problem. So I think the parronts of sensitive ekkies can completely empathise with where you're coming from.

That said, I think sometimes attempts at reassurance can sometimes come off a bit awkwardly.

*hugs, you're doing good, mama. Little mistakes happen. I'm sure your brother will keep a good eye on him. If it makes you feel better, you should ask to Skype/Facetime Lincoln, so you can also check in on him. I know that always makes me feel better - when my partner sends me vids or pics during the day when Cairo has been sick.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Nicely, nicely said, Charmed.

By the way, there's a bird on your head.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Owlet

I wanted to let you know I support you! I would be in a panic attack if I was away and a misshap might be putting my bird in danger!!! I wouldn't be able to think about anything else!!! If not enough was ingested to cause life threatening, then the red blood cells will naturally replenish themselves. Keep us posted. So sorry you are going through this

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions