Chop!

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
I completely disagree about not giving your parrot fruit. My parrots get a small amount of fruit every day and they are completely fine.
You also must know that some parrots and birds are frugivores who require fruit in their diet.
I also use coconut oil in my ekkie's food at times, as do many people I know.
You cannot lump all birds together as different species require different diets.

I hope you do some more research so that your parrots are getting the best diet possible.

I just looked at the diet you linked and it contains fruits, including the ones you said not to use.
Excellent point Terry! I was kind of confused with the posters comments and thought for a second "wait a minute, am I doing something wrong?"
But then got a sigh of relief when I saw what you stated haha.
But I hope more people were able to do extensive research on this as Avian Nutrition can be quite a heavy and dense topic! But so important and cannot be underestimated!
Again, love what you stated.

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Today was chop day!made it a little coarser than the last time (not sure exactly what to do then) and she/he seems to really like it. the ingredients:
kale
spinach
chard
bok choy
broccoli
cauliflower
green cabbage
edamame
yellow pepper
red peppers
orange peppers
serrano peppers
sweet potato
quinoa
chickpeas
yellow peas
blueberries
apple
Edit: OH!!! Chia seeds
and a seed mix that Iā€™m spacing the name on and just threw away the label after i ordered more 2 days agošŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
andā€¦ think thatā€™s about it. It did seem to be well receivedā€¦.
C6371D4E-0F4D-480C-9F4B-92063734A572.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts